Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing address..

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hello all, i'm not sure if i am posting in the correct area but my question is, when i moved house 4 years ago there was a free service called change address.ie or something like this, i see now there are different sites for changing addresses but they charge.. Does anyone know of a free one on here that changes your address for you.. Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dxhound2003

You are talking about redirection of mail? If there are companies arranging this they have to give instructions to An Post on your behalf so it can't be free. Do it directly yourself with An Post see link minimum cost €55 for 3 months. The trick is to contact everybody who you get post from and give them your new details within the 3 months, best to do this in writing or by e mail if possible.

I think the An Post service used to be free for 3 months so maybe that was the case 4 years ago.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/redirection.htm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Yeah just go into the port office and mail redirection is 80 euro for 12 months if you are not a business.
    Its handy because you will never rember every single copmpany that send you mail. Then just phone up to change you address with each mail you recieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

You are talking about redirection of mail? If there are companies arranging this they have to give instructions to An Post on your behalf so it can't be free. Do it directly yourself with An Post see link minimum cost €55 for 3 months. The trick is to contact everybody who you get post from and give them your new details within the 3 months, best to do this in writing or by e mail if possible.

I think the An Post service used to be free for 3 months so maybe that was the case 4 years ago.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Managing+Mail/redirection.htm.

No im talking about newaddress.ie a service like this but when i used a site like this 4 years ago it was free and just wondering is there any free sites now. i could change my bank details and club cards etc.. Im aware of an post redirection of post, thanks anyhoo..

http://www.myaddress.ie/

actually reading this now it says its the only site in Ireland so maybe im at a dead end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

For the sake of €10, I don't think there is much to gripe about if its going to make things that much easier for you.

• Advertisement

For the sake of €10, I don't think there is much to gripe about if its going to make things that much easier for you.

I just inquired no need to be so smart there is always someone quick with a smart answer on boards which i find quite annoying and slightly bullyish. 10 euro is 10 euro, how do you know my circumstances..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Whoa there misty76, take it easy now.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

misty76 wrote: »
    I just inquired no need to be so smart there is always someone quick with a smart answer on boards which i find quite annoying and slightly bullyish. 10 euro is 10 euro, how do you know my circumstances..
    I'm sorry if I came across as offensive or bullying, I certainly had no intention of doing so. All I was trying to point out is that often times an inexpensive service thats available now is better that spending time trying to find a free service that may not exist at all.

Advertisement