Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between UK and US scanners?

• 02-02-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I need an FM scanner for use in the US and i have no knowledge of radio, so if this is a silly question please forgive me :o Is there a difference in scanners sold in the UK and the US? I can find some with apparently the same model numbers but dont want to buy a scanner only to find it doesnt work in the US. It will be for the 400mhz FM range if thats relevant.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

gs39t wrote: »
    I need an FM scanner for use in the US and i have no knowledge of radio, so if this is a silly question please forgive me :o Is there a difference in scanners sold in the UK and the US? I can find some with apparently the same model numbers but dont want to buy a scanner only to find it doesnt work in the US. It will be for the 400mhz FM range if thats relevant.

Thanks!

it should be fine so, from my own experience on buying scanners i noticed american models are missing the cellular band 900mhz not a big deal over here im not sure if they still use analogue in us doubt it somehow also i believe most emergency services over there are now up in the 800mhz region also amercian spec scanners are for some reason missing 66-88mhz which is were our emergency services operate. uk spec will cover everything depending on model of course so in my opinion a uk spec or eu spec would be one to go for as your garenteed 400mhz coverage although some only begin coverage from 406mhz up but the more expensive scanners cover pretty much 25-1300 with a few gaps

Advertisement