Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations

Options
  • 02-02-2010 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I'm going to Belfast this weekend for the first time, staying Saturday night. I have dinner booked in Rankins on Saturday night. Is this a good choice? Would anyone recommend anywhere else. I plan to do some shopping with the missus as well - I want to get a nice watch so any recommendations of shops would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

I'm going to Belfast this weekend for the first time, staying Saturday night. I have dinner booked in Rankins on Saturday night. Is this a good choice? Would anyone recommend anywhere else. I plan to do some shopping with the missus as well - I want to get a nice watch so any recommendations of shops would be great.

Is (Trevor) Rankins the asian food place ? Never ate there but he has a good name and its bound to be cheaper then prices in the Republic.

As for watches I don't know anywhere to recommend but theres loads of shopping centres up there. Have a wander around before you buy as you might miss some shops if you are up for the first time. Ask a local, they are friendly and its a small enough place to walk around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭looking4advice

Restaurant is Paul Rankin. What streets are best for shopping etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I haven't eaten at Rankins but have heard good things about it. What kinda food/price range are you into?

Re. the shopping - the main street for that is Royal Avenue. It has a shopping centre about 2/3 of the way down it - Castlecourt. The other main shopping centre in the city is Victoria Square which is a couple of minutes walk from Royal Avenue. Belfast is good in that the shopping areas of the city centre are relatively compact so it's easier on your feet and less opportunity to get lost :)

I don't know about the best place for watches, I'm sure another boardsie can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

For watches try The Watch Store...in Queens Arcade...which is beside the big Boots opposite Marks and Spencer...right beside the City Hall!!!
    Ernst & Jones Jewellers are at the start of the arcade!!!
    The Watch Store have a website...thewatchstoreie.com I think!! I've got my last 2 watches out of there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Swingguru

When in Queens Arcade go to Lunn's. Best jewellers in town. If you want another good place to eat and you like fish I would recommend the Mourne Seafood Bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement