Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

test in a few weeks..

• 02-02-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

ok,so i have my driving test coming up in a few weeks in rathgar.i'm just wondering about the overall format of the test. i know that theres hillstarts and reversing as well as driving around rathgar of course.but what else is there?also is there much theory involved? any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The questions on the rules of the road will be asked in the office before being taken out to your car. The examiner will sit you down, ask you to sign a document stating that your car is road worthy and has valid insurance and then he will proceed to ask you questions on road signs and general rules of the road. After which he will take you out to the car and ask you the technical checks, this will involve opening the bonnet and pointing to the various components mentioned above(* Engine Oil Level,* Coolant Level,* Windscreen Washer Fluid Level* Braking Fluid level* Power Steering Fluid Level*). Only after this is done and he has checked everything is working, ie: lights, brake lights etc, will the actual driving part of the test begin. Usually after one of the manoeuvres (turnabout, reverse around the corner). The examiner will ask you to demonstrate the hand signals.

The above is a brief description of what to expect. You can read more in THIS sticky at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

ok,so i have my driving test coming up in a few weeks in rathgar.i'm just wondering about the overall format of the test. i know that theres hillstarts and reversing as well as driving around rathgar of course.but what else is there?also is there much theory involved? any help appreciated :)

Given that Rathgar has the lowest pass rate in the country it would be well worth your while investing in some driving lessons, and your ADI will explain exactly what's involved and what if anything you need to work on to give yourself the best chance of passing 1st time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Just keep driving as much as possible is my advice.Be one with the car....show that you have full control over your vehicle thats what he wants to see.And make sure you go over rules of the road and signs....I got a grade 2 for this which is just poor prepertion.
    GOOD LUCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Definitely get a couple of pre tests with an instructor who knows the area. They'll tell you exactly what to expect and show you everything you'll be asked to do. It will be good to have someone point out any bad habits you might have picked up and going over the Rathgar routes will be helpful for you too.
    Good Luck:)

Advertisement