Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Crash On M4

• 02-02-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'd have thought you were at fault because you weren't driving to the conditions of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Random,

I like the way your sig links up with your actual post. LOL :D

Anyway, to the OP.

Lagan who look after the roads will only claim Non Malfeasance or Force Majure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Did this happen recently OP ? I go through that toll twice a week and even during the heavy frost it seemed to be gritted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

Its a PPP scheme, and under those contracts the PPP contractor (eurolink) in this case are responsible for maintaining the roads, including gritting when nessessary.

The road is technically belong to Eurolink and is then reverted to the government after a set period (normally 30 years) but this depends on the contract with the NRA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Y22LLIG

Berty wrote: »
    Random,

I like the way your sig links up with your actual post. LOL :D

Anyway, to the OP.

Lagan who look after the roads will only claim Non Malfeasance or Force Majure.

Sorry i wouldnt be used to the technical terms in law.
    So your saying basically its outside their control and im at fault??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Y22LLIG

cronin_j wrote: »
    Its a PPP scheme, and under those contracts the PPP contractor (eurolink) in this case are responsible for maintaining the roads, including gritting when nessessary.

The road is technically belong to Eurolink and is then reverted to the government after a set period (normally 30 years) but this depends on the contract with the NRA

The road was actually gritted on the lanes approaching the toll laza but as the road widens, there was a large part not gritted between the outside and inside lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Y22LLIG wrote: »
    Sorry i wouldnt be used to the technical terms in law.
    So your saying basically its outside their control and im at fault??

Act of God basiclly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think you have a case to be honest. anything that was said on the thread I linked to earlier applies in your case too.

You were obviously driving outside of your abilities or innappropriate to the conditions

Advertisement