Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 523SE A/T 2005 E60 petrol

• 02-02-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Looking at a couple of these, and have tried to do some research on this particular model. There's plenty of info. on 520's and diesels but little on this one. If I go ahead it'll be whichever garage gives most for my trade in.

Like them both, they're 50K miles or so. 6 month guarantee non main dealers. I'm not mechanical at all, so - does anyone have any particular info, good/bad, what to look out for? Anyone have one? I do 10K Km's a year so I won't be running it into the ground.

Thanks,

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

With that kind of mileage, Id get a 530i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If I go ahead it'll be whichever garage gives most for my trade in.
    One piece of advice - don't pay any heed to trade-in values. The only figure that counts is the cost to change.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

My father has one of these, from driving it myself I find it a very smooth car with plenty of power if required. Gear change is nice and smooth and the drive is good on motorways etc, but can be a bit bumpy on secondary roads due to the run flats.

Can be a bit thirsty if you have a heavy right foot as iirc its a 2.5 litre engine.

Only had one small issue with the tyre pressure sensor which was fixed under warranty. Apart from that, smooth sailing for over 4 years now..

Lots of room in the back for passengers and a nice decent boot to for the aul golf clubs.. :D

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Big Red Stick

Thanks for your thoughts.

There's quite a few 5 series of this vintage knocking around garages, and the deal is getting better every time I talk to the garages. One has improved initial offer by €2,500.

I've never bought anything with so many horses, and I haven't bought anything since the better half's people carrier in Jan 08, so I'm maybe out of touch with how they are all viewing stock in tough times.

Are garages really finding it so difficult to shift larger engined cars? Should I keep pushing? Or is it just this type of BMW?

Advertisement