Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Shepards

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thats an intersting link Peasant .The black and gold one looks like a chodsky .they are a super breed totally unspoilthttp://mhlo.me/a60d1a63
    Thanks
    They're not so much "breeds" as rather "types"
    If you klick on the names on the left of the page, a new page with a type description (in German) for that type will open. At that bottom of that there is another link ("Fotos von....") that opens a gallery for that type. In that you will see that they all look very different and not as uniform as a breed would.
    These are all real, regional working dogs and pretty rare these days as they've mostly lost their jobs with the disappearance of traditional sheep and cattle farming and don't really lend themselves to a job as family dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

peasant wrote: »
    Thanks
    They're not so much "breeds" as rather "types"
    If you klick on the names on the left of the page, a new page with a type description (in German) for that type will open. At that bottom of that there is another link ("Fotos von....") that opens a gallery for that type. In that you will see that they all look very different and not as uniform as a breed would.
    These are all real, regional working dogs and pretty rare these days as they've mostly lost their jobs with the disappearance of traditional sheep and cattle farming and don't really lend themselves to a job as family dog.
    the Chodsky is a breed as a friend in the uk imported two females and a male .the dogs you showed on the link are types and i agree they defo would have helped make the gsd .

peasant how do i make a link live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

peasant how do i make a link live ?

you put it between those {url]LINK[/url} ...only you use these brackets[] all the way

Thanks Peasant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 munky101

Wonderful dogs, I'll never be without one if I can help it. Got my first as a rescue 10 years ago, thin as a rake and accused of chasing sheep (wouldnt you if you were starving?)so destined for an injection, but a little persuasion and I got her! Best decision I ever made, best friend I ever had, she did more for big dogs in my area than any other as she was the friendliest, and according to my lady friends, cuddliest dog about. She slept on my bed, looked after my kids when they were born - one of the first experiences of my daughter was feeling a big, shaggy dog beside her and she wouldnt sleep properly without the dog beside her after that. Dangerous dog? Yeah right!
    Unfortunatley she died 3 years ago, and although we had other dogs I never felt right until we got another GSD, we're hoping to breed off the wife's bitch this year and we'll probably keep all the pups!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Kevin he has turned out lovely .

003.jpg
    Autumn Boos sister

Advertisement