Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meatballs, cook before freeze?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm making meatballs this weekend. I'll make enough for at least 3 dinners, I'd say, but am I better off cooking the whole lot up in a nice sauce and then dividing them up and freezing them, or just go as far as balling them up and then freezing them for later cooking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I would cook 'em all and freeze the leftovers - makes for an easier reheat, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would too, you do not have to worry about them being cooked fully through if they are cooked first. i.e. if frozen raw you have to make sure they are cooked to the very core.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Yeah, I'd defo cook them. I'd say they'd fall apart if you defrosted raw meatballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks all. It'll make things a little easier cos I can cook them in the sauce and then just freeze the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

cook first, and make sure its fresh meat - leave to cool before you freeze

• Advertisement
Advertisement