Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIttle India on Washington st?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭

Hey does anyone know has little India on Washington st closed or has it just moved? It was the best Indian in the city!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I thought it was still open, I'll be going past it in the morning and if I think of it, I'll have a look to see if there is a sign or anything about it closing/moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I thought it was still open, I'll be going past it in the morning and if I think of it, I'll have a look to see if there is a sign or anything about it closing/moving!

Ah thanks rebelgirl! I pass it in the car but not going slow enough so can't see but the windows look all cloudy like it's closed but can't imagine this place closing it's so nice altho having said that I haven't been there in a while!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah thanks rebelgirl! I pass it in the car but not going slow enough so can't see but the windows look all cloudy like it's closed but can't imagine this place closing it's so nice altho having said that I haven't been there in a while!

No hassle! I'll be passing in the bus in the morning, but will be walking over at some stage during the day, so I'll take a look!

From passing it I think it's closed for a while now, website is dead
    http://www.littleindia.ie, you could try ringing them 021-427-9587.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I have never been to the little india however I think the nicest Indian in Cork is the bombay palace on Cook St. Nicest Indian I have ever had and I have been to a lot of them!

For chinese it has got to be panda mama (my 2nd favourite, my 1st being a place in New York)

The above are all restaurants and both do take-away.

@RoverJames - that site does not seem to be valid, or perhaps they just took it down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kingtut wrote: »
    I have never been to the little india however I think the nicest Indian in Cork is the bombay palace on Cook St. Nicest Indian I have ever had and I have been to a lot of them!

For chinese it has got to be panda mama (my 2nd favourite, my 1st being a place in New York)

The above are all restaurants and both do take-away.

@RoverJames - that site does not seem to be valid, or perhaps they just took it down...

Yes Bombay Palace was my next choice - very nice too! I just have a craving for indian!! Anybody been to that Eastern Tandoori place on Emmet Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

leahyl wrote: »
    Anybody been to that Eastern Tandoori place on Emmet Place?

I've been there but not lately. Food was delish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I've been there but not lately. Food was delish anyway.

Aye, same guys as who own the Radhuni in Douglas. Lovely there two.

For anyone considering the all you can eat place on MacCurtain St. give it a miss unless you're really hungry, and prefer vegetables. Went there today and there was **** all meat in the dishes. And it's not really indian as we know it. No-where near as curry like.

RoverJames wrote: »
    From passing it I think it's closed for a while now, website is dead
    http://www.littleindia.ie, you could try ringing them 021-427-9587.

Yeah, when I passed it yesterday the windows were all whitened out, and I couldn't see any tables or anything, so its safe to say it is closed. There was a Little India in Mallow that closed pretty quickly as well!

Advertisement