Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with UPC Connection 2425 - Sandyford

• 03-02-2010 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi fellas,

Seem to be having a problem with my UPC Internet.

There are two of us in the flat, both on Windows 7 Ultimate PC's and the third has Mac OS X - we're living down in Sandyford Industrial Estate and it's taking around 15/20 minutes to actually get connected to the Internet.

Once you boot and connect to the Router/Modem, I constantly get "Problem loading page" on absolutely everything, everything times out constantly unless you actually leave the machine for a period of time and come back to it. After it connects, its generally grand but it's really frustrating to put the PC into Hibernation when on every wake up, it takes donkeys to load up.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pinocchio

We had issues with UPC all day yesterday, the internet connection kept dying.. really irritating. Of course, it's impossible to get through to their customer support lines.. we're in Clontarf, I wonder if there was a larger outrage??

Does anyone know if there was a problem with UPC yesterday?? This morning it wasn't able to load a number of sites.

Also open to the option of switching providers, but want the maximum speed, are there any other viable (preferably cable) alternatives to UPC at the moment???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

pinocchio wrote: »
    We had issues with UPC all day yesterday, the internet connection kept dying.. really irritating. Of course, it's impossible to get through to their customer support lines.. we're in Clontarf, I wonder if there was a larger outrage??

Does anyone know if there was a problem with UPC yesterday?? This morning it wasn't able to load a number of sites.

Also open to the option of switching providers, but want the maximum speed, are there any other viable (preferably cable) alternatives to UPC at the moment???

My UPC connection had no outages in Clontarf yesterday. Switching wise the Clontarf exchange is fully LLU'd so you'll have the full choice of other providers there.

Advertisement