Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for next car?

• 03-02-2010 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then, after my first car (fiat punto 1.2) for just about 2 years now, I'm thinking its just about time to get something a bit better :D

Will be 19 by the time I hope to get it, have 2 years NCB in my own name, full license for under 1 year. Am in college so the cost is also a factor.

Ideally, something with a bit more go in it, cheap to run and cheap enough on insurance would be perfect :) obviously not too old either (00 onwards)

First things that came to mind were:

Honda Civic 1.3L
    Ford Focus 1.4L
    VW Golf 1.4L

Anywho, any advice appreciated and open to suggestions :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well if you're looking for something with even a little bit of "go" i'd just forget the golf and focus 1.4 straight away. The 1.3 civic, will probably seem quicker than the other two, and i think it puts out a tad more power too. Still not quick though, and probably hard to find an unmolested car.

What's your budget? I presume you don't want to venture too far beyond a 1.4?

A fiesta with a 1.25 would be nippier than a focus, although i doubt it fits the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nah, trying to keep the insurance as low as possible so venturing too far beyond a 1.4 isn't the best idea..

ehh...budget, I'd say €3000?

Advertisement