Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost 6x01/02 - "LA X" - 2 hour Season Premiere (**SPOILERS WITHIN**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    But surley if a hydrogen bomb was detonated then everyone says bye bye

Island and everybody on it destroyed in 1977

Yes, but the guy Leonard heard the numbers from might have heard them before 1977, before the bomb went off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Mr E wrote: »
    Mod Warning

Guys, I've added spoilers to two reported posts in this thread (which was great fun, since I haven't seen this episode yet).

Starting next week, if anyone posts something on thread along the lines of "I read in an interview that xxxxx happens this season" or "I read on a website that Lindelof and Cuse said this happens later this season", there will be bans handed out. Lost fans are fanatical about the show, and don't want to read ANY SPOILERS WHATSOEVER about whats coming up (especially this season).

I'll add this as a warning to the Lost charter incase the offending people don't see this (you know who you are) :)
    btw may i suggest that anyone who has not seen episode on thursday night refrain from posting for a day or two on here so as not to give it away for themselves. Posters would want to discuss last nights episode as a rule. Otherwise agree totally with post.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Yes, but the guy Leonard heard the numbers from might have heard them before 1977, before the bomb went off.

Yes but did the numbers exist before the hatch was build to Supress the pocket of energy ?

I never heard them mentioned before that hatch was built ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

tumblr_kxcoheDVev1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes but did the numbers exist before the hatch was build to Supress the pocket of energy ?

I never heard them mentioned before that hatch was built ?

Good point actually. We don't know if the numbers existed before the hatch or because of the hatch. Although, didn't Hurley see them putting the numbers on the hatch in 1977? Which means they did exist before the Incident, although they may not have been transmitted over the radio before the Incident.

Ah well, guess we'll (hopefully) find out

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Solid start. I hope the "alternate" time line doesn't have too much legs though. I'm interested in the stories on island. I really hoped MIB Vs Jacob and the rational behind bringing the specific people Jacob visited would be the main focus of the story. I still think it will.

I don't buy the theory that Jacob = Sayid. But I think Sayid will have a major part to play. There has to be some significance in the fact that Sayid shot young ben, ben was saved by the others (in what can only be assumed is the clear spring in the temple, I remember Richard saying something similar about Ben not being the same again) maybe only Ben could kill Jacob and MIB knew that. Now Sayid has been saved by the clear spring maybe he has some sort of importance in the whole MIB Vs Jacob hullabaloo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would they have put Sayid in the springs if they had known Jacob was dead? Before they knew Jacob was killed they had expressed confusion as to why the water looked different and we know that there is some water connection to the smoke monster from when Ben tried to summon it last season.

Perhaps the waters would have saved Sayid had Jacob been alive but because he was dead the pollution of the waters was a result of the Monster.

If "dead is dead" as someone said earlier, and remember Ben said to Sun he had never seen someone come back from the dead, then it leads me to believe it's more likely that Sayid is actually another form of the Smoke Monster just like UnLocke.

Just to add, if this theory holds true then the Jacob that Hurley saw wasn't actually Jacob but rather the Monster taking his form and using his memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Also, remember that Ben always lies ("Dead is dead"), and that Jacob told Hurley how to save Sayid, Jacob taking over Sayid's dead body would kind of go against what Jacob is/was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Yes. That's when they attempted to denote the bomb. So that's when the two timelines diverge. Hence the differences. My theory is this:

The conflict last season was basically over whether they had free will (i.e. control) or whether everything was (pre)determined. There is a third possibility, however, which threatens both ideas - indeterminism or randomness. In other words, what if it was purely random whether the bomb would go off or not. A 50/50 chance of either - out of their control and out of the realm of cause and effect.

Juliet hits the bomb - it goes off.
    Juliet hits the bomb - it doesn't go off.

So both happen. The electromagnetism causes two timelines to be created in 1977.

One in which the bomb went off, wiping out the pocket of energy and preventing the Swan hatch from being built, which in turn prevented the crash. Wiping out this pocket of energy also eventually results in the island ending up at the bottom of the ocean.

And a second timeline in which the bomb did NOT go off and everything occurred as we've already seen.

It's a paradox akin to "Schrodinger's cat":

320px-Schrodingers_cat.svg.png

Only one problem with that theory, the bomb did go off. So which is the timeline where the bomb didn't go off?

• Advertisement

And I hope to god they come up with something better than that. It's akin to Bobby Ewing waking up in the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

But surley if a hydrogen bomb was detonated then everyone says bye bye

Island and everybody on it destroyed in 1977

Well they may die in 1977 if the bomb went off the and the island ultimately sinks but they would still be born as normal in the outside world and go on to live their lives, which is why they are back on oceanic 815 in that timeline.

However, the island underwater didn't have signs of a nuke having gone off. The energy pocket may have had some counter effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Apologies if someone else has already asked but what's the significance of the circle yer man drew and I think the Temple people were doing it to. Is this something a bit like putting down a salt circle (I think from Hocus Pokus) to keep evil out?

Also did the guy who drew the first circle at the start have something black in his hand?

wyrn wrote: »
    Apologies if someone else has already asked but what's the significance of the circle yer man drew and I think the Temple people were doing it to. Is this something a bit like putting down a salt circle (I think from Hocus Pokus) to keep evil out?

Also did the guy who drew the first circle at the start have something black in his hand?

Smokie can't get past the circle of ash, we'll find out why in time. I liked seeing how it resorted to other methods to draw/push Bram outside the circle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

20goto10 wrote: »
    Only one problem with that theory, the bomb did go off. So which is the timeline where the bomb didn't go off?
    See what I posted here:

We didn't see the bomb go off. All we saw was a flash. If the flash was the bomb going off then Juliet, Jack, Sawyer, et al would be dead.

My theory is that the bomb went off in one timeline and not in another.

Timeline A (original timeline in which plane crashes):
    - bomb doesn't go off in 1977
    - The Incident (i.e. purple sky) transports Losties back to 2007
    - Swan built, button pushed, etc
    - Plane crashes

Timeline B ("alternate" timeline)
    - bomb DOES go off in 1977
    - No incident (Faraday's plan works), Losties killed
    - Island sinks/whatever
    - Plane flies overhead

When the bomb did go off it was most likely in the form of an implosion, like when Desmond activated the "failsafe" in season 2 (which may have been the unexploded Jughead from 1977). The device used was not an actual hydrogen bomb anyway, just the fission core belonging to one (which the writers glossed over). The rest of the assembly was left under Dharmaville.

Why did the bomb go off in one timeline and not in another? Just pure randomness. That's as far as my knowledge of quantum mechanics goes I'm afraid. :D

Tbh the above probably won't be the explanation. It's too complicated. It'll probably be much more straightforward - i.e. Sawyer's love for Juliet caused the timeline to split or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

murpho999 wrote: »
    BUt either way, Hurley won the lottery before going to the island.

He did NOT get the winning numbers from the hatch. So if the hatch existed or not he still had those numbers! Don't know why people think he got the numbers off the hatch, then got off the island, won the lottery and then then went back. Think about it!
    We know that the island existed at some stage in the LAX timeline but it is under water. My guess is that the bomb went off in 1977 in this timeline and the island "sank". But of course the hatch wasnt fully built in 1977 and the numbers hadn't existed yet in 1977 as far as we know. But weren't the numbers some sort of co-ordinates to the island?

• Advertisement

Why was desmond on the plane.
    If the bomb did infact go off in 1977 in the LAX timeline, Charles, Ellie and baby Miles would of died. This would mean that Penny and Faraday wouldn't of being born and baby Miles would of died. If Penny isn't born, Desmond's future would of being dramatically "altered".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Dman001 wrote: »
    But weren't the numbers some sort of co-ordinates to the island?
    That was just a theory, which I really liked. But it didn't really make sense in the light of Hawking's declaration that island is always moving.
    If the bomb did infact go off in 1977 in the LAX timeline, Charles, Ellie and baby Miles would of died. This would mean that Penny and Faraday wouldn't of being born and baby Miles would of died. If Penny isn't born, Desmond's future would of being dramatically "altered".
    Baby Miles was on the submarine leaving the island when the bomb went off. Was Penny not born already? The writers screwed up everyone's ages last season but there's no way Penny was 17/18 when she met Monk-Desmond in the 90s. So she must have been born off-island to an "outsider" pre-1977.

But like I said the bomb was probably an implosion. It wasn't a full hydrogen bomb anyway. It certainly would have killed those in the immediate vicinity. But Widmore, Hawking, etc may have had time to leave before the island sunk.

See what I posted here:

We didn't see the bomb go off. All we saw was a flash. If the flash was the bomb going off then Juliet, Jack, Sawyer, et al would be dead.

My theory is that the bomb went off in one timeline and not in another.

Timeline A (original timeline in which plane crashes):
    - bomb doesn't go off in 1977
    - The Incident (i.e. purple sky) transports Losties back to 2007
    - Swan built, button pushed, etc
    - Plane crashes

Timeline B ("alternate" timeline)
    - bomb DOES go off in 1977
    - No incident (Faraday's plan works), Losties killed
    - Island sinks/whatever
    - Plane flies overhead

When the bomb did go off it was most likely in the form of an implosion, like when Desmond activated the "failsafe" in season 2 (which may have been the unexploded Jughead from 1977). The device used was not an actual hydrogen bomb anyway, just the fission core belonging to one (which the writers glossed over). The rest of the assembly was left under Dharmaville.

Why did the bomb go off in one timeline and not in another? Just pure randomness. That's as far as my knowledge of quantum mechanics goes I'm afraid. :D

Tbh the above probably won't be the explanation. It's too complicated. It'll probably be much more straightforward - i.e. Sawyer's love for Juliet caused the timeline to split or something.

No disrespect intended but I think that would be an awful conclusion to the show and a total cop out. I think they are going to come up with something better.

I'm guessing the 2 stories/timelines are connected. How does Juliet know it works? How did Jack get the cut on his neck? How come there are still connections between the characters in the lax story/timeline.

Baby Miles was on the submarine leaving the island when the bomb went off. Was Penny not born already? The writers screwed up everyone's ages last season but there's no way Penny was 17/18 when she met Monk-Desmond in the 90s. So she must have been born off-island to an "outsider" pre-1977.

But like I said the bomb was probably an implosion. It wasn't a full hydrogen bomb anyway. It certainly would have killed those in the immediate vicinity. But Widmore, Hawking, etc may have had time to leave before the island sunk.
    True Penny actually could of been born and Widmore could of survived. But if he did die and Penny was born, it was Widmore who sponsored his boat trip thing wasn't it? And that led him to the island. So his new future would of been altered if this was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Smokie can't get past the circle of ash, we'll find out why in time. I liked seeing how it resorted to other methods to draw/push Bram outside the circle.

Cheers.
    Now did the guy have a device in his hand before Smokie went for him?

• Advertisement

20goto10 wrote: »
    No disrespect intended but I think that would be an awful conclusion to the show and a total cop out. I think they are going to come up with something better.
    Well, it's not a conclusion. It's just an attempt to offer some sort of pseudo-scientific explanation for the parallel timelines. There are far bigger questions imo.

Can you give more detail about how you think it might be explained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Great to see it back. I waited last year for it to be out on DVD :mad: took them until November last year to release it so I will stick with RTÉ this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gamma

I guessing the alternative timeline is there to show how their lives would have turned out if they had never crashed on the island, using alternative timeline flash forwards.

However that doesnt explain why Jacks dad's coffin is missing.

Ah we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭lalalalinda

@ homerrun_home: I think your comment,
    "Kate didn't murder her stepdad, she murdered an apprentice plumber."
    is a spoiler from next week.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people, think before you post. It's really irritating for us folk who don't like to read interviews/spoilers/rumours. I've gone through all these series watching them on RTE and that's how I'd like to continue. Don't want to hear any spoilers no matter how little.

Sorry for the rant. The above spoiler isn't exactly hugely significant but it annoyed me nonetheless.

Aaaanyway, thought it was an interesting season opener. Not too sure about the parallel/alternate universe. Will wait an episode or two until I comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I thought that **SPOILERS WITHIN** in the thread title meant we could type openly? Or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I thought that **SPOILERS WITHIN** in the thread title meant we could type openly? Or what?

Ya but not spoilers on future episodes.

So basically just discuss this episode and previously aired episodes to back up your point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

How come Ben could kill Jacob with a knife, But when the men shot fake Locke with the buillts, they did no damage,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    How come Ben could kill Jacob with a knife, But when the men shot fake Locke with the buillts, they did no damage,

I think jakob knew what was going to happen. And he knew he would be reincarnated in Sayeed (i'm making assumptions here).

This was revealed in one of several videos at Comic-con back in July. While it certainly looks relevant to future episodes, I would personally not consider it a spoiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

This was revealed in one of several videos at Comic-con back in July. While it certainly looks relevant to future episodes, I would personally not consider it a spoiler.
    First I heard of it tbh, it hasn't happened in an episode to date therefore I'd consider it a spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Mr.S wrote: »
    Was Fake Locke actually shot though? Either they missed or it was something along the lines of Jacob knew his time was up sorta thing, so he let himself be killed.

He was shot, because Ben picked up the bullet

ziggyman17 wrote: »

The fake Locke isn't real though. It's a manifestation like Alex so using bullets is probably a waste of time. This is presumably why Richard told them not to shoot when he appeared in the open.

Jacob seems to have been alive in some sense, perhaps along the lines of Richard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I think your completely way off the mark on your Flocke/Smokie ideas.
    The fake Locke isn't real though. It's a manifestation like Alex so using bullets is probably a waste of time. This is presumably why Richard told them not to shoot when he appeared in the open.

Jacob seems to have been alive in some sense, perhaps along the lines of Richard.

The fake Locke IS real of course he is. We;ve seen that and he told us taht he knew Locke's last thoughts. He can touch Richard and hit him also toucha knife and a rug.

If "dead is dead" as someone said earlier, and remember Ben said to Sun he had never seen someone come back from the dead, then it leads me to believe it's more likely that Sayid is actually another form of the Smoke Monster just like UnLocke.

No no no no... Remember the importance of burying dead characters? this im assuming now is for the reason that Smokie cannot get at them. Alex was never bured, Christian was never buried and now we know that Locke has not been buried. Therefore would lead me to believe that Smokie can take over there form and mind and will have all the'r memories.

Sayid is different altogether. Mysterious Miyagi said that if Sayid died it would be grave torouble for everyone, thsi I think is because Jacob knew this was his only chance to come back and affect things in real-time.

The fake Locke IS real of course he is. We;ve seen that and he told us taht he knew Locke's last thoughts. He can touch Richard and hit him also toucha knife and a rug.

What I meant is it's not real in the way everyone else is. Yes it can interact with the world around itself but that doesn't mean it's real by normal standards. Remember the manifestation of Alex was able to press Ben up against the wall and tell him to follow UnLocke's instructions.

I doubt it can be defeated by bullets or else Richard would have instructed them to open fire. There has to be a more complicated way of defeating it.
    No no no no... Remember the importance of burying dead characters? this im assuming now is for the reason that Smokie cannot get at them. Alex was never bured, Christian was never buried and now we know that Locke has not been buried. Therefore would lead me to believe that Smokie can take over there form and mind and will have all the'r memories.

Sayid is different altogether. Mysterious Miyagi said that if Sayid died it would be grave torouble for everyone, thsi I think is because Jacob knew this was his only chance to come back and affect things in real-time.

I agree with you on the importance of burying the bodies which is why I think Sayid could now be possessed himself. Perhaps the note Jacob sent was referring to the danger of the Nemesis taking over Sayid which could be exactly what has now happened.

I don't see why Jacob would want Jack and everyone to save Sayid if he wanted to take over the body. Surely in that case he'd just want Sayid to die so he could take him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I think your completely way off the mark on your Flocke/Smokie ideas.

I agree, he is real but I don't think he can be killed, shot or stabbed and I thought that is what was implied by the bullet on the ground, it had flattened out as if it hit a solid impenetrable object.

Okay, lets assume the following rules govern Smokey's "shapeshifting": the person must be dead and their body must be on the island. Smokey would probably also need an opportunity to scan the shape and memories of the person. Yemi, Alex, Locke and Christian all fit the bill. All but the latter have been pretty much confirmed.

However I think it's important to point out that on the basis of Locke, it would appear that Smokey/MIB does not possesses the body but merely imitates it. The original body remains. This would explain Christian's appearing/disappearing, which of a course a real physical body being possessed by an evil spirit couldn't do.

However, I don't think this rules out genuine spirits of dead individuals. Smokey can't be everyone. Ben saw his mother, remember? And the first question Richard asked when Ben told him this was: did she die on the island? She didn't. So perhaps he was trying to ascertain whether it was Smokey or not. Also, Hurley has been seeing dead people for quite a while now - Smokey can't be behind that as well.

I don't think Jacob is possessing Sayid simply because it doesn't appear to be Jacob's style. Deception is what the MIB is all about. I don't think Jacob works like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

yekahs wrote: »
    Also, the Sayid being Jacob is a great theory. But it seems, the temple is Flocks home, where he wants to go back to. I think somehow Jacob tricked him into going to the cabin and trapped him there with the ash, and now flock wants to "go home" to the temple.
    I thought back to when Ben and Locke went to the cabin the first time, remember how most people thought the appearance of 'Jacob' looked like Locke? and he said to Locke to 'Help me'? I'm thinking now this was MIB rather than Jacob!
    tok9 wrote: »
    actually the more i think Sayid is Jacob the more i am unsure. Flocke didn't take over Lockes body so why would Jacob have to take over Sayids?
    MIB Locke was never killed, never lost his physical presence, which as we know can change into our friend Smokey, or appear as other people.
    Jacob was killed, and his body burned by MIB, so if Jacob is to return, he needs a body. Sayid fits the bill perfectly IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just want to pipe in here about Richard and his chains. Doesn't anyone think these chains are metaphorical? Fake lock said to the bodyguards he killed "Jacob's dead, you're free", and then to Richard "Nice to see you out of those chains" and the girl (can't think of the name, the one Jacob visited in hospital, didn't she "worship" or "follow" Jacob or something? So maybe nice to see you without the chains means nice to see you without being tied to worshiping Jacob? I dunno really.

Also, On the plane are Jin and Sun married? She was called Ms Paik. What was Jin doing with the money. Fairly sure Sawyer would have found that after the original crash. Does Sun not speak English or is she just worried Jin will find out? Did Locke really go walkabout or was he just lying? Also, Lockes knives and Christians body went missing. Is this what happened Desmond? He wasn't to be found either. Anyone notice that Rose and Jacks roles were reversed? Rose told Jack not to worry. Someone else on here said Jack on the plane knew everything - Why? I don't think he did.

If they tie this all together it will be one of the best shows ever. If they don't, they will have just made a pile of balls. I have faith in the former.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people, think before you post. It's really irritating for us folk who don't like to read interviews/spoilers/rumours. I've gone through all these series watching them on RTE and that's how I'd like to continue. Don't want to hear any spoilers no matter how little.

Sorry for the rant. The above spoiler isn't exactly hugely significant but it annoyed me nonetheless.

Aaaanyway, thought it was an interesting season opener. Not too sure about the parallel/alternate universe. Will wait an episode or two until I comment.

Sorry but as pointed out earlier this isn't a spoiler, this information has been available since the summer. If you have the internet and care about Lost, the extent that you may investigate the little things before a season begins then you might have figured this out. I'm not spoiling anything from the future.

Even if I did, the producers already confirmed that the characters are the same but their circumstances leading to being on flight 815 may not be the same as what we've seen in flashbacks.

Go Figure.........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love Terry O'Quinn. Absolute legend. He plays his parts perfectly. The scene in the airport between Jack and Locke was fantastic. Since the very beginning, the Jack/Lock relationship has been one of the most important aspects of the show, and i cant wait to see where it goes in the alternative timeline.
    Sorry but as pointed out earlier this isn't a spoiler, this information has been available since the summer.
    While it is info that is easily available, this is a thread for people who have seen episodes 1 and 2, and thats it. Spoilers for future episodes, whether they are easy to find or not, shouldnt be posted here. Most people dont want to read any spoilers at all.

Re: spoilers

Okay, there's no point arguing over this or this thread will turn into another war over how to define a spoiler. We are all just going to have to agree that anything released outside the episodes is a *potential* spoiler and should NOT be posted in the episode threads. That includes comic-con videos, deleted scenes, the mobisodes from season 4 and the ARGs. Podcasts and interviews with the writers are already off-limits as Mr E indicated earlier.

I've edited an earlier post of mine to remove mention of the Lost Experience. People should be warned however to stay away from Lostpedia as the ARGs and comic-con videos are freely mentioned in the articles over there.

I think we can we can get back on topic now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Only Jack remembers? why Jack?

Are we sure Jack actually remembers? He seems to have a "deja vu" type experience with the other losties but I'm not sure he is aware of all that has gone on up to this point......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭hblock21

:confused::confused::confused:

Lads, I just went to Wikipedia to read about the first episode (as I always do, to understand everything that happened!!!) but.....

Am I gone crazy or was there another episode on at 10 o' clock? The stuff about what happened in the airport after they landed......I didn't see any of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

hblock21 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Lads, I just went to Wikipedia to read about the first episode (as I always do, to understand everything that happened!!!) but.....

Am I gone crazy or was there another episode on at 10 o' clock? The stuff about what happened in the airport after they landed......I didn't see any of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep there was two.

You can view it online here :http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065778

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭hblock21

jhegarty wrote: »
    Yep there was two.

You can view it online here :http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065778

For feck sake!!!! I thought the 'double episode' was the catch up one and the new one grrrrrrr.

Thanks for the link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

I could be completely wrong here, but I think there is a significance to knives. Someone asked why MIB Locke could not be killed with bullets while Jacob was killed with a knife. Remember how Locke chose the knife when Richard visited him as a boy? And then in LA, Locke's knives have gone missing. Hmmm... Maybe knives or particular knives have to be used to kill MIB/Jacob. Whose knife did MIB give to Ben, was it Locke's own (and therefore possibly among those lost in LA, the time line where Jacob hasn't been killed...)?

I'm also wondering if Jacob can imitate living people/creatures while MIB can only imitate dead ones. I mean, Shannon and Sayid *did* see Walt when he was still alive and nowhere near. Others saw a horse, a person called Dave, an altar boy - all of whom we cannot know to be dead. The theory that MIB can only imitate people who died on the island (mentioned in regard to why Richard asked Ben if his mother died on the island) can be dismissed, since both Christian and Locke died off the island, and at least the latter is now confirmed to be MIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Putting ourselves through this all over again :)

Kiith wrote: »
    While it is info that is easily available, this is a thread for people who have seen episodes 1 and 2, and thats it. Spoilers for future episodes, whether they are easy to find or not, shouldnt be posted here. Most people dont want to read any spoilers at all.

I know Mods have clarified that non episode stuff should stay out of this thread but I just want to reply once on this one. I don't see how information that is freely available for months to anyone who cares should be considered a spoiler. These clips were teasers that hinted at the direction of the series and were designed to make people think and debate which given we've all now seen the new episodes should most definitely be considered non-spoiler territory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

F.A. wrote: »
    The theory that MIB can only imitate people who died on the island (mentioned in regard to why Richard asked Ben if his mother died on the island) can be dismissed, since both Christian and Locke died off the island, and at least the latter is now confirmed to be MIB.

My theory a few posts back was that MIB can only imitate people whos dead bodies are on the island. But only people who arent buried, I believe if they are buried then he cant, neither Locke or Christian have been buried on the island but both of their dead bodies are on the island. It will be interesting to see if they bury Juliette and if we see her appear later to Sawyer.

Axwell wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if they bury Juliette and if we see her appear later to Sawyer.

Sawyer buried her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement