Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight domain transfer question

Options
  • 03-02-2010 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out a domain transfer on blacknight and was wondering if anyone else had done this? Short story is that a friend of mine got a hosting package with a domain (e.g. www.abc.com). I then got a hosting package without domain and asked to transfer the domain which he had purchased to me.

Looking up the docs, its seems that there is some kind of unique key/number (ENN/EPP?) that signifies ownership of a domain. When we contact blacknight support, they tell my friend to delete the domain from his package (and then i can add it). This seems a bit suspect though as there is no actual transfer here.

If anyone has any experience/tips on this, it'd be great to hear them.

Thanks

Comments

Hi there,

If the domain name is already added to the Blacknight nameservers our system cannot process the transfer until it has been removed, it can then be re-added straight away though.

If the domain is a .com/net/biz/org/info an EPP code is required to transfer it.

Please see here for further info on transferring domains: http://www.blacknight.com/transferdomain.html

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 derryos

Thanks for that - it is a .com address. can you tell me how you go about getting this EPP code? We told support via email/call/helpdesk that it was a .com address and they have told us it was a matter of deleting an adding.

Can you explain the process for both users (the person transferring the domain and the person receiving the domain). Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Simplest thing to do is contact sales@blacknight.com with the domain details.

It sounds like you are trying to move a domain that is with us under one account to another account also with us

Advertisement