Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gen V on the way?

• 03-02-2010 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Surprised no one's mentioned this as of yet; http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_RPG_announced

Based on reports of a new region and new pokémon, a lot of people are hailing it as the first news regarding generation V.

So, what do you guys think? First real announcement's due to come Feb 7th on pokémon Sunday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I tend not to go by stories on Bulbanews when they first come out. When there's some proper announcement or release, then I start :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmm, I dunno. It seems like quite a short time between HG/SS which aren't even out here yet for them to be releasing a new one by the end of 2010. I think I'll wait for something more official for now :)

But I'm still excited at the prospect of a new one coming out. What colours would they call them though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It'll probably be a spin-off with only 2 or 3 new Pokémon as a sort of preview for the next generation. I wouldn't think they'd be inclined to have more than one generation per handheld.

Davidius wrote: »
    It'll probably be a spin-off with only 2 or 3 new Pokémon as a sort of preview for the next generation. I wouldn't think they'd be inclined to have more than one generation per handheld.

Hmm, Idk, they've never really done that before. Could be something in the vain of the Mystery Dungeon games or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I imagine this'd be more like Marill, Togepi and Donphan in Gen 1 shows rather than a full-blown new generation. It could be something akin to Orange Islands and such.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

A silhouette of a new 5th Gen Pokemon has been officially unveiled, see here

Hmm, looks kinda like lucario/riolu with a big ponytail :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Looks like some sort of werewolf

Hopefully some badass dark-type pokemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

MatthewVII wrote: »
    I imagine this'd be more like Marill, Togepi and Donphan in Gen 1 shows rather than a full-blown new generation. It could be something akin to Orange Islands and such.

I'd love this, so much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

So how many pokémon altogether now?

wiki says 493 but with this game maybe another 150?

I really need to pick up a DS and start playing again ive only ever finished

Blue
    Yellow
    & Gold

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Yep, 493 at the moment.

We still don't know if it's going to be a new series altogether or like a spin-off one, but you could be right in adding another 150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yep, 493 at the moment.

We still don't know if it's going to be a new series altogether or like a spin-off one, but you could be right in adding another 150.

Hopefully the pokémon/names are good! I just remember they got stupid after gold/silver.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

I think it got a bit silly when they started making pre-evolutions of pokémon (eg. Pichu)

Advertisement