Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

currys in north issue

• 03-02-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Had to bring back a tv for repair, it was an Lcd. They rang me the other day and said it can't be repaired and that I can have the value of the tv off something else in store.

I checked the price of the lcd tv I had and it had rose by more than 40pounds...I seen on their T&C that they will either repair or replace if the item became faulty within 28days and not after I think.

Surely im entitled to a replacement even within in the years warranty. I had 2months warranty left before I brought it back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

they can't repair so either replacement or refund - you don't have to take credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

mad m wrote: »
    Had to bring back a tv for repair, it was an Lcd. They rang me the other day and said it can't be repaired and that I can have the value of the tv off something else in store.

I checked the price of the lcd tv I had and it had rose by more than 40pounds...I seen on their T&C that they will either repair or replace if the item became faulty within 28days and not after I think.

Surely im entitled to a replacement even within in the years warranty. I had 2months warranty left before I brought it back.

I dont see the issue here? They are giving you store credit.... just get another TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under Irish law (not too sure about the UK, but I'd imagine it's similar), you are entitled to a replacement, repair or refund if the goods are defective.

They tried to repair and because they can't, this leaves you with the option of a replacement (of equal value to the purchase price) or a refund of your purchase. You do not have to accept store credit in this case. The law allows for a refund of the amount paid.

The fact that the price of the TV has risen by £40 in the meantime is irrelevant - it's all to do with the price you paid and which is recorded on your receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    I dont see the issue here? They are giving you store credit.... just get another TV?

The issue is he should be offered a replacement. The credit he is offered now will not buy the lcd tv, he will have to add 40 pounds.

Advertisement