Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on this course, anyone? Higher Certificate in Arts - Culinary Arts

Options
  • 03-02-2010 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

It says on minimum requirements:

Course Entry
    Minimum Entry Requirements:

•5 Leaving Certificate Ordinary D3’s or an equivalent qualification (English must be included in the subjects passed)

•FETAC Level 5 in any discipline.

•RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) will be considered where applicants can demonstrate sufficient learning gained in a relevant work-based context.

Do I need all 3? :confused:

And also it says:
    Follow on Study
    Graduates may progress from this programme to Culinary Arts Degree programmes.

Is this another course, or an apprenticeship?

Thanks if anyone can help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    •RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) will be considered where applicants can demonstrate sufficient learning gained in a relevant work-based context.

This makes me think that you only need one of them. Also, the LC is considered a level 5 course, which would be equivalent to the FETAC level 5.

And from my understanding, progressing on to do a degree would take one year, if that is a three year course. It's fairly a common option on Level 7 degrees to do a one-year add-on to graduate with a level 8 honours degree. I don't know if it's an apprenticeship, your best bet would be to ask at the college about that.

Advertisement