Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nord Micro Modular...?

• 03-02-2010 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Just a quickie about the nord micro modular. I was briefly "introduced" to this little machine the other night, and it has got me stroking my chinny chin chin!

I was set on getting a microkorg at some stage, as I have played it before (not a whole lot but a bit), and have seen live clips and been to gigs of enough bands to know what it can do.

However, the nord user suggested I check it out instead of the microkorg, hook it up to my midi keyboard, and it could potentially be a better acquisition sonically than the korg...

any thoughts or ideas on this theory?

I would not be creating dance music btw.....more indie type stuff....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've never played either, but the MicroKorg has a great reputation as a "My First Synth" type of job, and from everything I've read, you'll play with it for a while and then realise you want a 'proper' synth, while I haven't heard of any Nord product that hasn't had rave reviews. If you like the Nord, if I were you, I'd get it. The MicroKorg seems like a bit of a toy.

Looking at this, if Autechre and u-Ziq have used it, along with the description there, I'd say it's a pretty serious piece of gear.

Advertisement