Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cornucopia!

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭

I'm going here tonight and was wondering if anyone knows exactly what is vegan on their menu? Could always ask when I get there but I do like knowing in advance! It would also be nice to hear what people think of the vegan things they have tried. I've heard the side salads are delicious and sometimes outshine the main course part of the meal!

The Chickpea Tagine sounds lovely, as does the Sri Lankan Curry and the Thai Curry. Hope these are vegan!

Do you know if they use vegan mayo in their Coleslaw and Potato Salad?

And are any of the desserts vegan apart from the listed Vegan Chocolate Cake? I'm liking the sound of the Spiced Date & Orange Squares, and the Apple & Cinnamon Crumble!

Here's a link to the menu:
    http://www.cornucopia.ie/menu.html

I've wanted to go for ages but have always been put off by the fact that it was so small and always crammed full every time I've walked by... but now it's been extended so I'm going to give it a go! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

It really depends on the day. Maybe 2 of the 4 or 5 mains will be vegan and one of the soups. If it's late in the evening you can't be guaranteed that any vegan desserts will remain, but 6ish should be fine. Their menu online is more of an example menu. And don't mind the crowds - you should have no problem fitting in :)

Oh, I don't know about the mayo in the salads 'cause I never really get salad. Just ask :) I'm sure a fair few of the salads are vegan. I usually just wait in the line and when it's time for me to be served I just ask what's vegan, cause even with the titles and descriptions on the board its hard to know which description matches which dish in front of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Great! I'll let you know how it goes! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 appleydappley

Hey!
    Yes their potato salad is vegan, I remember they told me what's in it once but I can't remember now. It has cashew nuts and soya in the mayo... I think...
    Everything that's vegan has a 'v' sign beside it and there's lots to choose from. They usually have a good selection of vegan desserts too but they change day by day.
    The main courses change every day too so you might find the curry isn't on the menu tonight - but hopefully it will be!
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Appleydappley what a cute name hehe :D

That's great everything is marked with a V! I just know I'm going to have trouble choosing and will have to keep going back to try everything til I eventually discover a favourite! ;)

So from what I have seen before in the window, you go up to a counter to order - is that right? So you kinda see everything before you choose? I like that idea! It's like that at Govinda's too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 appleydappley

Yup they have it all behind a glass counter when you're ordering so you can see everything!
    Most of the staff are either vegetarian or vegan too so have no problem answering all of those pernickety veggie questions most other places hate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

importantly, if you have enough food without out the salad, it's cheaper to leave the salad out. the price on the board is for the meal plus two salads. they have confused friends of mine saying you have to get salad, but if you just say no thanks, it like 2/3 euro cheaper :) but it looks like you are going for a feast! so i'm sure you'll go the whole way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Been eating in Cornucopia since in '88, love the place even though I have never gone totally vegetarian.

As others have said, "V" will be marked on all dishes up on the Chalk Menu Board.

Staff are really friendly and always willing to answer any questions.

No problem getting a seat now since this years renovation.

For years you'd be queuing up paraying to God that by the time you got served someone would get up ot you'd end up sitting at the fecking window where people walking past all point and say "Look at the mad veggies.." :P

They don't, I jest .. just hate sitting at that window ledge.

Anway, me rambles now .. enjoy.

Advertisement