Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cupids Dash - Feb 13th...worth doing?

• 03-02-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if this already has a threab but I'm new to boards.ie and the world of running!

I'm looking for a 10km to build up running experience (very slowly I might add!!) and was wondering if Cupids Dash on Feb 13th was worth doing - is it well organised?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

I thought it was poor..

Everything from signing in to lack of results was poorly organized and i won't be doing it again..

There was a thread on it last year and you can see peoples comments about it..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055483879&highlight=cupid

Of course that was the first time they ran it and it might improve....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Thanks for that - it seems that results were indeed abit of a mess. But as you say it may have been teething problems. I may wait and see if there is anything else around the end of Feb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd hope they can sort out the issues with the timing and results for this time, but last year was their first attempt. Also it was a themed race with lots of couple running it together, but that just gave me a chance to get a decent finishing position. :D

I'll not be doing it this year though as it clashes with a BHAA race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I did it last year and found it wasn't too bad, would be easier if they sent out the timer and numbers etc before the race day, as queing up to collect your stuff etc is stupid. The starting line is also about 1km From where you collect your stuff.

Saying that, it's a small enough crowd that ran it , so plenty of space and everyone i spoke seem to have enjoyed it, i presumed it'll be better this year now they know what their doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

shazkea wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies if this already has a threab but I'm new to boards.ie and the world of running!

I'm looking for a 10km to build up running experience (very slowly I might add!!) and was wondering if Cupids Dash on Feb 13th was worth doing - is it well organised?

Thanks!

Its not an elite race or anything, I mean you wont have to worry about competing with the likes of Sean connolly or Mick clohesy so I think it would be a grand race for building up experience. Its the same route as the Aware 10k(or should I say 9k)so its a nice run through the park. Bit of a girls blouse of a name for a race though........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Think i might do this. Its fallin in nicely with my Belfast schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

I'd stay away. There is enough decent races on without doing yet another Phoenix Park shambles!!

Ill do it anyway, just want the route and a bit of competition to push me on to a targeted time.
    Ill have the Garmin for time and distance anyway.
    Might be able to follow some nice bums round while I'm at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

haha,yes was wondering why there was a stream of ladies behind me..!

Anyone register online for this?
    I did all all I got was an email saying they debited my account for the fee €25.
    No race/registration number at all.
    Whats the crack with registering pre race tomorrow then, show up and give name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Anyone register online for this?
    I did all all I got was an email saying they debited my account for the fee €25.
    No race/registration number at all.

If like last year , you collect your numbers etc at the papal cross car park before the race, to save yourself alot of hassle and to get parking get there early, as the start line is a ten min walk away from collecting your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Race Packet Pick-up:
    Available at the Papal Cross Car park from 8am - 9.45am.
    The race will start at 10am sharp so please arrive early.
    The start line is about a 10min walk from the car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sub430 wrote: »
    Race Packet Pick-up:
    Available at the Papal Cross Car park from 8am - 9.45am.
    The race will start at 10am sharp so please arrive early.
    The start line is about a 10min walk from the car park.

Are you doing this one? best of luck if so. I can't make it myself as I have to work, gearing up for the 5k on the 14th. i reckong you can do a 45:xx based on your training maybe even bvreak into the 44's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

There's a change to the finish: http://www.cupidsdash.ie/sponsors/routemap2010vs2.gif
    Looks like we have to run back down the Kyber and finish near the bottom.
    Watch out for some muck on the way up out of the Furry Glen as well - there was a lot of work going on there this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

menoscemo wrote: »
    Are you doing this one? best of luck if so. I can't make it myself as I have to work, gearing up for the 5k on the 14th. i reckong you can do a 45:xx based on your training maybe even bvreak into the 44's

Thanks menoscemo.
    I am, it will give me some sort of clue as to where I am, would be delighted with 45s. I haven't ran a 10k before so it's a PB whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

how much is the entry?? and is it too late to enter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

keane=cock wrote: »
    how much is the entry?? and is it too late to enter

Enter on day from 9am at Papal cross: €30.

To the contrary of pre race warnings , this was quite a well run event today in my opinion.
    Only gripe I would have would be the absence of a post race pack (unless I missed it).
    Only Bananas and water available.

Happy with my time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Have to disagree, I commend irishfit for promoting different and interesting races, but their organisation skills I have to say leave a lot to be desired. There was no record of my online registration so had to queue with the on the day reg. people. Race was 10 mins late starting and not impressed with a bottle of water and a banana.

Bottom line post out the registration packs!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What was going on here? :confused:

4353622210_76c2d6b361.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

have to say i expected the worst after reading this. i thought it was grand apart from no tolites at the start line and the walk from/to the papal cross to the start/finish ... having to go up kyber road for the second time was hell tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

That was the left turn onto Chesterfield avenue after 1.25k. Ran on the road but the surface seemed to be a lot better on the cycle path. No difference in distance really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

It was a proper fun run, nothing too serious and for that they did a good job, I would however change 2 things for next year, 1 move the refreshments away from the finish line, everyone ended up on top of themselves and 2 would be the route, def nice to finish downhill but I would personally hate running up a hill only to do a U turn and ru back down the same hill, but there was still an excellent athmosphere. I'll put a few pics up later, nice to meet you Aero and cracking run from running bing, 5th I think.

T runner wrote: »
    That was the left turn onto Chesterfield avenue after 1.25k. Ran on the road but the surface seemed to be a lot better on the cycle path. No difference in distance really.

Just looks like a bit of a shortcut in the picture, think they had a wide angle focal length on the camera at the time which would do that effect though.

Are the fishal results and individual times going up on the website later does anyone know?

Woddle wrote: »
    It was a proper fun run, nothing too serious and for that they did a good job, I would however change 2 things for next year, 1 move the refreshments away from the finish line, everyone ended up on top of themselves and 2 would be the route, def nice to finish downhill but I would personally hate running up a hill only to do a U turn and run back down the same hill, but there was still an excellent athmosphere. .
    I'd agree, good atmosphere and not bad organisation. Only complaint was the late start - not really the fault of the organisers as loads of people were strolling across the 15 acres towards the start line well after 10. Take a lesson from the Raheny 5 which was my first time ever at any kind of event in Ireland that started early!
    I'll put a few pics up later, nice to meet you Aero and cracking run from running bing, 5th I think.
    Great to finally meet you too Woddle, and Running Bing - he really flew past me on the final downhill stretch.
    I think the course was about 150m short. I had a clear run and clipped every corner tight (no, no footpaths!) and recorded 6.13 miles / 9.86 km. I spoke to another finisher (the first woman I think) and she had it at 9.86 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Ah Woddle, could you not have photoshopped the lower pic to show me a bit closer! Great pics, thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Are the fishal results and individual times going up on the website later does anyone know?

http://www.irishfit.com/social/blogs/cupidsdashresults/

• Advertisement

Needs a login to get the results by the looks of it, what were the top times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 city slicker

top 10

34:11.0 turlough conway
    34:54.5 Markus Roessel
    35:58.5 jeremy walsh
    36:36.9 Marc ThompsonGrolimund
    36:44.1 john maher
    36:51.0 Sean Morley
    37:01.6 Andrew Hayes
    37:14.9 Damian Bradley
    37:38.0 Marcus Hayes
    37:41.6 Niall Fox

In the top 100.

Woooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

In the top, erm, 200? Ah, who cares, it was still my PB!

Advertisement