Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry: Storm 2 vs Bold 9700; applications

• 03-02-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting an iPhone for business use but having done some research I'm going with Blackberry but I need some more help.

Can anyone tell me if the Storm2 can handle Microsoft Office documents?

Can I view, edit and save a Word or Excel doc on the phone and send it to colleagues?

What about PDF, are these viewable on the Storm2?

Same question for the Bold 9700.

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Brilliant, was looking to know the exact information. I am between an iphone and blackberry. I check my emails a lot and sell a bit on ebay, so need to make sure that I can download apps for that. Also youtube would be of value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

All microsoft documents are available on blackberry for editing. Obviously iphone has loads off apps. Blackberry would be better for emails and docs, also blackberry life is amazing on 9700. I am not sure about storm 2 touchscreen. Sure you have to go to vodafone and play around with demo device. If you have any more questions, please ask. I have 9700 and iphone 3gs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

boarder777 wrote: »
    All microsoft documents are available on blackberry for editing. Obviously iphone has loads off apps. Blackberry would be better for emails and docs, also blackberry life is amazing on 9700. I am not sure about storm 2 touchscreen.

Thanks boarder777, glad to hear some opinions.
    Sure you have to go to vodafone and play around with demo device. If you have any more questions, please ask. I have 9700 and iphone 3gs.
    Won't get the chance to visit a store as my boss is ordering this week and I've the choice between the Bold9700 and the Storm2...

One more question, I know on the iPhone you can use the phone as a dictaphone to voice record. Can this be done on the Blackberry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

It has voice recorder. Go for 9700 if you want fast typing and good battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Currently using Storm and changing to Iphone!

Storm will edit MO docs and you can view PDF's but not edit them.

Got fed up with the storm and the problems with the OS.

If I was going for another BB then it would be the Bold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

scout353 wrote: »
    Currently using Storm and changing to Iphone!

Storm will edit MO docs and you can view PDF's but not edit them.

Got fed up with the storm and the problems with the OS.

If I was going for another BB then it would be the Bold!

Is that the Storm or Storm 2? I know that a lot of the original Storm OS bugs are fixed in the Storm 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Is that the Storm or Storm 2? I know that a lot of the original Storm OS bugs are fixed in the Storm 2...

Sorry r3nu4l, should have clarified it was the Storm. I have upgraded OS about eight times since I got it a year ago and am now on V5.0.0.425.

Think it shipped with V4.? .75 so there have been a lot of upgrades!

Check out http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86 for more info on the Storm and Storm 2

Advertisement