Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Guinness in Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Des wrote: »
    Was in there last night, and they have Pint Bottles in there.

Love them, none of that muck from the taps for me :cool:

Degsy, Dublin Beers - start a thread :)

Bottled. Love it.
    Not too many places do it anymore, has to be a certain kind of pub. The good kind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Degsy wrote: »
    Thread highjack but why not a Dublin forum beers??
    can we?can we?

There was one half organised before but it fell apart. End of Feb might be a good time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

mulligans or the community club in santry does a mean one, but tis a members bar.

my mate use to work in the airport and told me before that Guinness are very particular about their taps and the serving of Guinness in the airport. they want any potential tourists to get a top notch pint in the airport bars so they'll continue the trend on their travels of the country. makes sense really. althought its a pity they dont have control over the taxi drivers there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

I'd agree with 99% of the pubs listed, although I thought bruxelles was an odd one.. Anyway, it's obvious that there are some discerning stout drinkers knocking about on this forum!

A few more that seem to have been overlooked so far:

Kehoes of South Anne Street
    Gaffneys of Fairview
    O'Briens just off Leeson Street

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

dats_right wrote: »
    I'd agree with 99% of the pubs listed, although I thought bruxelles was an odd one.. Anyway, it's obvious that there are some discerning stout drinkers knocking about on this forum!

yeah, bruxelles pints are average and are served by the worst bar staff in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I used to think so but the last few times I've been there it's been terrible - really really watery, not all nice and creamy like it should be. Shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've had a reconsider, it's Davy Byrnes for me.

yeah, bruxelles pints are average and are served by the worst bar staff in dublin.

Overpriced and average/mediocre pints in there. As much as people knock it, I haven't had a bad pint of Guinness in Fibbers on Parnell St. in a long time. The consistency is just right and the taste is damn good! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dord wrote: »
    Overpriced and average/mediocre pints in there. As much as people knock it, I haven't had a bad pint of Guinness in Fibbers on Parnell St. in a long time. The consistency is just right and the taste is damn good! :cool:

But you have to put up with the clientel of fibbers.

not worth it.

ntlbell wrote: »
    But you have to put up with the clientel of fibbers.

not worth it.

They have a new place on the quays opposite civic offices that's over 21's. Nice pints in there too! It used to be "Out on the liffey".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

A few more that seem to have been overlooked so far:

Gaffneys of Fairview
    O'Briens just off Leeson Street

Must be me then, I drunk in there a good bit up until around two years ago and always liked the pint (although I always got in there late and was well on it). I've also had Guiness in alot of the other bars mentioned so I've something to compare against. McDaids across the street are quite good too.

Advertisement