Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Hairdresser - Elite Beauty

• 03-02-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Ladies, have any of you got a cut from the Elite Beauty in Parnell St.
    I have heard there is a Polish girl who is quite good in there - any experience anyone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I have never heard of Elite Beauty, it's so hard to find someone that does a good cut. My friend is always raving about the cuts in Halo she said no matter who she gets they always do a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Thanks Lezizi, I've not heard of the salon either but saw a thread here about Elite.

Yeah Halo are good but as I need to get a cut and highlights I was hoping to find somewhere somewhat cheaper :)

Well i can vouch for a place called Threse Hair salon, it is in Killaloe about a 20 min drive if you have a car, but she is ridiculously cheap like €10 for a wash and blowdry and the girls in there are very good. I used work in Killaloe and the amount of people in the town that go to her, it might be worth the drive

lezizi wrote: »
    Well i can vouch for a place called Threse Hair salon, it is in Killaloe about a 20 min drive if you have a car, but she is ridiculously cheap like €10 for a wash and blowdry and the girls in there are very good. I used work in Killaloe and the amount of people in the town that go to her, it might be worth the drive

Great, I appreciate the tip!
    I have mid lenght hair and thinking of going for a funky sort of bob style so would like a stylist who know's what they're at.
    Do you think they'd be up for that sort of cut??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

A lady at work goes to some Polish lady on Parnell St I think - don't know the name of the place - but she's always happy with her hair.

• Advertisement

Thanks Carol, that would be the place alright I'd say.
    Do you mind me asking if she has a "safe" hairstyle or is it a bit different??

I don't want something safe but a bit edgy as it's a rather big change I'll be going for.
    Thanks

Another suggestion but pricey, My cousin went from mid length straight hair to a really funky rhiannesque cut, no hairdresser she went to went funky with her just kept it safe. But she went to Nicole in Niall Colgans and her hair is amazing, really funky she is like a new person. It is pricey though at least €50 for a cut. I went there myself but just for colour havent been able to justify spending the money again though.

Great thanks Lezizi, we'll I go so fed up with my hair I bit the bullet yesterday and made an apt with Amanda in Yello Mello for this evening.
    Fingers crossed!
    I'll report back...hopefully with a happy ending :)

Well I did have a happy ending :)
    Amanda gave me a great cut, sort of a bob but real short at the back and it's great, really glad I cut it up.

The only bummer was I was also going to get an all over white blond colour but as I have been getting highlights and not an all over colour for the past number of years they insisted that I had to have a reaction test before they would proceed. Unfortunately the test takes 48 hours so it would have been better if I had been informed of this when I made the apt.

However I'm very happy and would glady recommend Amanda and will be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kaz!

Hi girls...i've just moved to limerick recently & looking for the best salon to go to..thanks Millie that's great to know cos i've been getting highlights aswell & this time of was thinking of putting in an all over white blonde colour so at least i know i'll have to do a patch test...& how did your highlights turn out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dolly23

Hi Lezili,I can't seem to fine a listing for "Threse Hair salon" in killaloe.The only listings I can find are for: Blade Runner,The Strand,Miranda's,The Green Room,and Veronicas hair Salon.Do you have anoyone more information on the hair salon you
    mentioned.Thanks

Advertisement