Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to Dublin, Back to Photography! Hello! (An introduction)

• 03-02-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi Folks -

Recently moved to dublin, a few months ago- have decided to get back into photography, I've been out of it now for a good 6 or 7 months, I was moving, my camera battery died, I had to leave a bunch of my kit back in my old place, etc.

But now I'm back. New camera batteries arrived this morning, so I got my kit together, cleaned my two lenses, a 'kit' 18-55 and a 50mm 1.8.. That and an IR filter, a step up ring and a cable release now comprise my entire kit..

In a way it feels good to be liberated from having lots of stuff. I've started reading "the art of seeing" to get my mind back into it and looking forward to being out and about with a camera, and I thought I'd introduce myself here on the boards too.

I like shooting IR stuff, and long exposure black and white stuff. I don't really do people photos so much.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi, see if there were any meetups scheduled where I could meet other 'togs and generally see what the craic is!

All the best!

SL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Welcome to Boards.

I see you've found the Photographic Expeditions forum, that's always good for something to do so keep an eye on it. There's also the Photo challenges which are always running which gives you an excuse to get out with the camera too.

Getting on pix.ie is a good idea too, good community there, great free hosting and regular competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

pix.ie, gotcha - heading over now, although I mostly use flickr for hosting my stuff at the moment.

Thanks for the tip though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Welcome to the Forum.

We have a member in our club who is into the very long exposure monochrome images, he has a gallery on our website.

Where have you moved here from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Weclome, as rb says get the pix.ie account and start showing us yer stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Welcome & look forward to meeting you next Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement