Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humanitas Tournament.

• 03-02-2010 1:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Time for something a little different folks. For one LZ gets to vote, and all competitors are human. Let's meet the contestants in this single-elimination tournament shall we,
    1. Punisher
    2. Two-Face
    3. Snake Plissken
    4. Zorro
    5. Sarah Connor
    6. The Phantom
    7. John Spartan
    8. John McClane
    9. Snake Eyes
    10. Brock Samson
    11. Rick Deckard
    12. Casey Jones
    13. Bullseye
    14. Green Arrow
    15. Ripley
    16. Lara Croft
    17. Ash Williams
    18. Elektra
    19. Rorschach
    20. Marv
    21. Han Solo
    22. Conan The Barbarian
    23. Rambo
    24. Dean Winchester
    25. Darkman
    26. Captain America
    27. Jason Bourne
    28. Xander Harris
    29. Batman
    30. Solomon Kane
    31. Indiana Jones
    32. Jack Bauer
    A fine group of competitors indeed. Now for the basic rules
    No deus ex machina(nuke the site from orbit), have a reason for your votes, and any complaints take to the discussion thread.Oops, forgot to mention seven votes to win or twenty-four hours pass whoever ahead wins.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BATTLE 1

Ash Williams
    Helpful info
    179998-ash2_large.jpg

VS.

The Punisher
    Look here
    punisher_max_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

For me, it looks like Ash's run of bad luck is going to continue. Both men are somewhat nutjobs, but Castle has more resources and experience behind him. So in that regard, The Punisher gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I agree with LZ

Punisher is hard core and has avoided being captured by both bad and good guys in the Marvel universe, taking out many of both in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Ash has the ability to live in the moment. He's creative and strong willed. He reacts to a situation and succeeds mainly because he believes he will. His weapons though impressive are few.
    On the other hand we have Punisher- Has extensive training, knowledge of advanced weaponry, Has an arsenal to draw upon. Driven by revenge, unrelenting in pursuit, acts with reckless abandon. I think he may be the more crazed of the two, with a grander array of weapons and training to back it all up... have to pick Punisher for the win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

3-0 Punisher.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Punisher.

Extensive collection of weapons and military training gives him the victory.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Have to go with the Punisher. Ash isn't exactly used to dealing with gun-toting maniacs as far as I know, so I can't see him winning out. If it was a more hand-to-hand or crazed-loon-rushing-at-you battle it'd be a tougher call, but the Punisher would probably gun the Ash down out of range of the shotgun and then get close for some heart warming punishment.

+1 Punisherrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Punisher is just much better at what he does than Ash is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Punisher, ty.

Punisher defeats Ash with ease. Next fight coming up.

• Advertisement

BATTLE 2

Two-Face
    Look here
    twoface.png

VS.

Elektra
    Look here
    250px-Elektra_3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Elektra would win easily IMO. Try not to think about the Jenifer Gardiner version from the movies. The proper Elektra from the comics was a cold blooded highly skilled assasin.
    Heck, she even dated the Punisher once. :P
    TwoFace aint the best fighter.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Elektra would win easily IMO. Try not to think about the Jenifer Gardiner version from the movies. The proper Elektra from the comics was a cold blooded highly skilled assasin.
    Heck, she even dated the Punisher once. :P
    TwoFace aint the best fighter.
    He did stand in for Batman once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Elektra would sneak up on him and kill him while he sleeps.

Fairly certain she leads The Hand now.

Two Face is his own worst enemy, his duality and indecision slows him down. Elektra is always at the top of her game, not to mention the psychic stuff. Afraid Two Face is going down.:(

Elektra for the win.

3-0 Elektra

Dammit, Two-Face just doesn't get the breaks. Elektra will chop his head off before the coin even lands back into his hand.

Elecktra.

Her fighting skills give her the win for me.

5-0 Elektra.

Elektra

EDIT: Sorry

She has more skillz and experience with more skillful beings. I mean she has actually beaten skillful beings. Harvey just keeps getting bate.

• Advertisement

6-0 Elektra. Another sweep in the making perhaps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Elektra.

Her skills are mad, as opposed to Two face, who is just mad.

Two-Face is a tricky enemy because he's so unpredictable... but that's when he's organizing criminal capers etc. In a fight.. bah, he's just going to get owned.

Elektra to dominate in her kinky red leather.

Elektra dominates Two-Face. Next match coming up.

BATTLE 4

Snake Plissken
    Look here
    Snake.jpg

VS.

Rorshach
    Look Here
    rorshach.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

A tricky one indeed...

I think I'm gonna have to side with Plissken on this one, but it's a close call :s
    Plissken has the training, skills, and experience - Rorshach just has his insane sense of justice.

gee, going to give this to Plissken because
    1. How could Snake lose?:D
    2.Rorschack is strong, uses whatever's at hand as weapon, and is great in a fight, but he is mad. Snake is also adept at everything I mentioned in favor of Rorschach but he's not really mad. He does what he has to do.
    3.Snake and Rorschach have a lot in common but Rorschach's madness is a drawback, that Snake will use against him.

Snake takes it.;)

2-0 Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Rorschach, cause I didn't know about him and now I wanna read the comics, I sorta fell in love ha.

• Advertisement

Rorshach, simply because I reckon he would be willing the go the extra mile in ruthlessness. I think Snake can be duped aswell, Rorshach on the other hand wouldn't trust anyone enough to put himself in a situation where he would be betrayed. Ozymandias excluded of course. ;)

Tied at 2-2

Rorshach.

He has snake beat in the strength department, plus he has a great detective mind.

But really it's the scene in the prison cafeteria from the watchmen comic/movie that seals it for me:D

3-2 to Rorschach.

Snake loses simply because he would be stuck in the ring with rorschach, not the other way around.

Rorscach takes it on strength and creativity.

I'll go with Rorschach. I think his fighting skills are that bit better.

• Advertisement

I think Rorschach will win out.

Snake is pretty bad ass and is generally someone you'd want on your side in a fight, pretty well able to handle himself, seems decent with weapons etc etc, an action hero with some attitude and some grey matter.

Rorschach on the other hand is someone you'd be terrified of if he wasn't on your side... and he was just walking down the street... a mile away... and had just read an amusing lyric...
    Amazingly inventive, total nutjob in ways and amazing clarity of purpose and focus in others.

I reckon Snake would be physically stronger, Rorschach is a bit of a runt after all, but the difference is Rorschach never holds back and hits hard first time every time. There is no convention when fighting Rorschach, you're either of the mind that you're going to stop him without hesitation or he's stopped you.

Ding ding Rorschach victorious.

6-2 Rorschach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is it over?

If not, Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Snake, while being a proper definition of a hard-a$$, is simply not good enough to beat Rorschach unless he somehow manages to take him out 2 miles away with a Barret M-50!

Rorchach for teh win, because it is his paranoia and insanity that will win it out for him in the end:)

After a hard fought battle Rorschach emerges victorious 7-3. Next battle up shortly

• Advertisement

Battle 4

Zorro
    Look here

zorro.jpg

VS.

Marv
    Look here
    MickeyRourkeMarv.jpg

Marv beats Zorro to a bloody pulp.

I can see Zorro being quicker on his feet and obviously knows how to handle a sword, but (only know him from the movie) Marv has taken numerous bullets, jumped down flights of stairs etc and survived... plus he took out that Kevin kid who was quicker and more skilled than Zorro. So, me thinks Marv takes it, the big loon that he is.

Marv battles Zorro to a stalemate, where at that stage Zorro is too exhausted to defend himself any longer. Marv duly crushes him. C'mon, it took two electric chair attempts to kill him FFS!

Marv does what he did to that kevin kid. Hell, marv would take zorro's horsey too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Marv smash! He would obliterate Zoro..Marv wins..

4-0 Marv

Think Marv wins. Zorro very skilled but Marv gets right to the point - no showy messing around. I guess it's the degree of pure mean that dwells in Marv.
    Marv in a moment.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Marv beats Zorro to a bloody pulp.

I can see Zorro being quicker on his feet and obviously knows how to handle a sword, but (only know him from the movie) Marv has taken numerous bullets, jumped down flights of stairs etc and survived... plus he took out that Kevin kid who was quicker and more skilled than Zorro. So, me thinks Marv takes it, the big loon that he is.

THIS.

6-0 MarvTwenty-four hours have passed, Marv wins. Next fight on it's way.

Battle 5

Sarah Connor
    Look here
    sarahconnor1.jpg

VS

Han Solo*
    Look here
    solo.jpg

*He does not have Chewbacca or the Millennium Falcon on call

• Advertisement
Advertisement