Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Well 24 hours have elapsed and we have a tie. After a random draw of voters Tirabaralla now holds the swing vote. She has eight hours to decide if she would like to change her vote or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I haz the power, OMG! LOL

I just wanna say this: this Han Solo guy appeared in the first movie i ever saw at the cinema...
    so no way I am gonna change my vote.
    Can Han win, plz?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Han has won the match! Thank you Miss Tira. next match coming soon.

Battle 6

The Phantom
    Look here
    phantomcomics2.jpg

VS.

Conan The Barbarian
    Look here
    Conan9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As proven by Indy - Guns beat Swords. Phantom to win this round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The Phantom uses sharpshooter skills, shoots with pistol to take Conan out from afar, bullet through the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Brain over brawn, Phantom easily ... :)

3-0 Phantom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Phantom...range will usually beat short ranged weapons. Especially when its with guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

After being informed Conan's shield is no Captain America shield...Phantom

• Advertisement

5-0 Phantom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sometimes brawn beats brains and Conan has got the former in abundance caving in Phantoms skull with a camel punch after 'stealthing' it up with camo paint and some expert costumed espionage. The Phantom may be the man who cannot die, but Conan knows what's best in life.

"Shut the Hell up Billy Zane" - Derek Zoolander

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going to go for The Ghost Who Walks in this one. He can shoot Conan many times and he's just way cooler.

6-1 Phantom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Phantom for me.

Guns > sword

Phantom dominates Conan 7-1. Next match coming up.

John Rambo sees his future self, this induces a flashback of 'nam'...one second later Spartan shoots him in the head with pistol recovered from the war museum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Spartan was hardcore, but I think Rambo has more experience killing things. That and Spartan is probably a bit cold n' stiff (IBR) from being frozen.
    So I'll just about side with Rambo today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Galvasean wrote: »
    ... (IBR) ...
    And 'tisn't many can say that! ;)

Aye, Rambo strikes me as more hardcore tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

John Spartan? What a chancer, didn't even get a sequel!

Nam is hell man, Nam is hell.

Rambo to punch Spartan's face off, and then resurrect him and gun him down with 6 different types of high velocity ammo tipped with all sorts of pain (armor piercing pain;incendiary pain; explosive pain; killer crab pain... the list goes on.)

+1 one one one there's only one John Rambo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

:rolleyes: Wow! How could I argue with that? John Rambo all the way:D

4-1 Rambo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

John Rambo shoves those three seashells up Spartans ass and throws him back into the cryo tube. Ain't no messing with guerrila warfare, hand-to-hand combat, killer archery and snake charming... what's Spartan got? Knitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Rambo would creep up behind spartan and break his neck before he knew what was happening to him!

Rambo +1.

6-1 Rambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rambo to sneak up on Spartan and choke him to death.

Rambo dangles Spartan from the ceiling with a beautifully knitted scarf. Next fight coming up folks.

BATTLE 4

Dean Winchester
    Look here
    200px-Supernatural_dean-002.jpg

VS

John McClane
    Look here
    200px-Die_070807105411638_wideweb_300x375.jpg

• Advertisement

Not being a Supernatural fan i had to read up on Dean, a formidable guy it seems, but i dunno...McClane always finds a way to survive and overcome the odds! Gonna give this one to the man with a constant headache.

Advertisement