Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

McClane beat the Germans multiple times. Winchester has nothing on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I hate to say it but Winchester just seems to be too good at what does, which is a few levels up from McClane's usual M.O. Winchester gets my vote I'm afraid to say! :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

2-1 McClane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

McClane.He always finds a way and is uber resourceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They couldn't stop Mcclaine with a state of the art fighter jet, so neither will this upstart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Dean Winchester

He has gone up against Gods and survived. Also, he carries a massive collection of weapons with him at all times.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

This is a very tough call, but.. I'm going to go with McClane.

Right, so, normally I'd be all up for the comparing the bad guys etc, but Dean is less the champion of his own survival and more the beneficiary of some covenient plot twists. This is one of the main problems I had with Buffy in the earlier battles, she usually doesn't out-fight her superior opponent, she just finds a lucky amulet that makes the monster fall over.
    Dean usually goes into a fight against a big baddie, gets knocked on his ass, the baddie goes for his brother and then when distracted Dean somehow manages to shoot him with liquid love or something.

Sam & Dean > McClane & Samuel L Jackson, but that's not what we're debating here. Dean is only a world beater when he has his bro in tow.

McClane on the other hand keeps fighting, keeps getting hurt and gets genuinely hurt. Dean goes through the fires of hell with a wince while McClane steps on some broken glass and we all feel his pain... yet he keeps going on. In Supernatural world McClane would probably be some sort of glowing invincible god for the amount of punishment he takes and keeps going, but Dean in McClane world would get smacked about a bit and be out for the count.

McClane doesn't have any weak spots or buried bones that Dean can take advantage of, nor does McClane have the cockiness that comes with the belief that you're an invincible supernatural entity. McClane would take cover, get tactical superiority, fight back and win.

McClane works best as a lone wolf and Dean is just all alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Fewcifur wrote: »
    This is a very tough call, but.. I'm going to go with McClane.

Right, so, normally I'd be all up for the comparing the bad guys etc, but Dean is less the champion of his own survival and more the beneficiary of some covenient plot twists. This is one of the main problems I had with Buffy in the earlier battles, she usually doesn't out-fight her superior opponent, she just finds a lucky amulet that makes the monster fall over.
    Dean usually goes into a fight against a big baddie, gets knocked on his ass, the baddie goes for his brother and then when distracted Dean somehow manages to shoot him with liquid love or something.

Sam & Dean > McClane & Samuel L Jackson, but that's not what we're debating here. Dean is only a world beater when he has his bro in tow.

McClane on the other hand keeps fighting, keeps getting hurt and gets genuinely hurt. Dean goes through the fires of hell with a wince while McClane steps on some broken glass and we all feel his pain... yet he keeps going on. In Supernatural world McClane would probably be some sort of glowing invincible god for the amount of punishment he takes and keeps going, but Dean in McClane world would get smacked about a bit and be out for the count.

McClane doesn't have any weak spots or buried bones that Dean can take advantage of, nor does McClane have the cockiness that comes with the belief that you're an invincible supernatural entity. McClane would take cover, get tactical superiority, fight back and win.

McClane works best as a lone wolf and Dean is just all alone.

You can possibly compare literally going through the fires of hell with stepping on broken glass.

I'll take the broken glass please

McClane has weak spots, his failed marriage,borderline alcoholism, and anger issues to mention but a few.

Dean is a new breed, quick, young and totally unflapable, He has seen things that McClane could never understand. Dean won't be phased one bit by an aged drunk McClane, esp after all he has been through. fighting a man would be a refreshing easier challange.

This fight would come down to who is fastest and most clever, Dean gets my vote for this reason.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

5-3 McClane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I vote for McClane, he has the experience, proven himself resourceful and he's come out on top so far. He doesn't give up. McClane is comfortable in his skin-he's accepting of his failings. Overconfidence in self and underestimating McClane will do Winchester in.

• Advertisement

Mr. McClane takes it 6-3. next fight up shortly.

BATTLE 9

Snake Eyes
    Look Here
    snakeyes.jpg
    VS

Darkman
    Look Here
    darkman.jpg

Interesting match.

I would have to go with Snake Eyes for this one. What I know of him is he is basically an ultimate ninja.

Whereas Darkman generally needed to know information about his targets lives to make any use of his abilities.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes because he's a ninja...

...with guns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ninja has a distinct advantage in terms of skills in this one.

Not a big fan of Darkman anyway, so ill go with snake eyes

3-0 Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes. Guns versus sword? Nah, this guy has both!

Snake Eyes just seems way too ridiculously skilled, Darkman has no chance.

5-0 Snake Eyes

Gosh I'd like to see Darkman wi just cause I like the name, but I can't see it happening.
    Darkman just doesn't seem to have the skill of the ninja.
    Snakes will win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Snake Eyes to win...he's a bloody ninja!!:D

Snake Eyes! Yes!

My god, I'm glad I read his bio bits, I was nearly 100% sure that he was blind! It really added an extra dimension to action figure gameplay back when I was a kid, but it turns out it was all my imagination. Go figure.

So yes, Snake Eyes crrrrrushes Darkman, crrruuuuushes him. Pow.

Snake Eyes wins with ease. Next fight to come

BATTLE 10

Brock Samson
    Look here
    BrockSamson.jpeg

VS

Captain America
    Look here
    captain_america21.gif

Bit like Mickey Mouse and crew vs The Thundercats...

Um, I'm going to go for Captain America on this one.

Thunder... Thunder... THUNDER... THUNDERCATS HOOOoooooo!

(sorry, I just have the theme song stuck in my head... unbelievably great!)

I'm gonna give it to Brock. He's a great brawler. He get's in close and doity!

argh! I hate this.:( Brock is so good, but how can I vote against Captain America? Brock-near super human strength. Captain- peak of human performance. I vote Captain America- let's say he had a really good day.:)

Captain America for me, if he can kick the crap out of an entire SHIELD agent team then he can take out this guy. Brock doesn't seem to have any especially special powers other than super-strength, so I reckon Cap will take him down.

• Advertisement

Never heard of Brock Samson before this. But a quick read of the wiki has decided it for me.

Brock Samson

Advertisement