Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Samson because he's a absolute beast and CA wouldn't have a hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Captain America

Peak of human performace (in the marvel universe anyway), equal to Batman in terms of brawling and fighting (:p), a seasoned veteran and organised and led the resistance against most of the marvel universe (kicking iron mans ass in the process).

Plus indestructable adamantium shield shatters fists should brock manage to throw one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

5-3 Captain America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

There's no more potent a death than killing a man with his own finger... up his butt.

Brock takes this one, slaughterhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Brock, who i never heard of seems almost invincible after reading the piece about him...Captain America is the essence of awesome (being a ninja is pure awesome) but maybe that trusty shield of his can help him somehow win the fight and keep the good name of The Avengers while doing it:)

Captain America to win this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Captain America takes it 6-4. Next fight coming up.

BATTLE 11

Rick Deckard
    Look Here
    Rick_Deckard.jpg

VS

Jason Bourne
    Look Here
    jason-bourne-picture.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I reckon Jason Bourne would be way too hardcore for Rick, I'd say his level of training in combat is quite a bit beyond Rick's.

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Jason Bourne

He's got mad fighting skillz!!

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Deckard deckard deckard all the way for me, thanks.

You don't spend your life retiring replicants without picking up a few tricks.

• Advertisement

2-1 Bourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So, we have Deckard who is adept at hunting down 'people' and Bourne who is adept at running away from them. This battle may take all night...

After hours of this:
    catch_me_if_you_can.jpg
    Bourne should win due to his better fighting skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Bourne with or without memory. He has auto-ass kicking skills

I'm gonna go with Bourne for this one. He's developed/grown/learned alot as he matured and I think he'd be well able to outwit any Blade Runner. Especially an old one back from retirement.

Bourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Bourne armed with a towel can take down any man. Bourne for the 6th book of The Hitch Hikers Guide to The Galaxy. Bourne for captain of the South African Rugby team. Bourne to get a batarang in his face... soon... soon...

+1 Bournioooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Bourne has fighting skill alright, but Deckard has experience and skill too and lots of luck.
    I don't think he can be counted out. Luck, Will and skill. I pick Deckard.

For me its gonna be a Deckard win. He is a man who can take Bourne out where all have failed...his hunting skill and more than likely advanced futuristic combat skills seal the deal for me.

6-3 Bourne

Bourne defeats the blade runner. Next battle on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Casey Jones beats the crap out of Xander with a lacrosse stick.

Xander is a sidekick and while he works well running from things, working as part of the team and getting a lucky punch in now and then, he's certainly not going to take on a badass like Casey in a fight.
    Xander has faced much tougher baddies than Casey, but he's never really faced them alone, whereas Casey is out cleanin' up the scum off the streets daily.

I'm going to give this to Casey, the Clint Eastwood soundin' punk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I'm going with Casey. He has the look of "Your looking at me so I'll beat the crap out of you"

Xander "your looking at me so I might make fun of you or something! Yeah!"

2-0 Casey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Casey Jones is dedicated. He's physically tough, adept at fighting with what comes handy and takes on whatever is thrown his way. I just think Xander would be yelling for help really soon. Casey takes it.

Casey's got a baseball bat and knows how to use it.

Easy win for Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't think Casey is any great shakes, he's just a slightly skilled human, I think Xander would find a way. For further reference, see the episode of Buffy entitled "The Zeppo".

4-1 Casey Jones
    The episode LZ referencing:
    http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Zeppo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got to agree with LZ, Xanders got the mad skillz, he just chooses to hide them.

And he's used to dealing with super strength individuals all the time.

4-2 Casey(who has normal human strength)

• Advertisement

Casey Jones (or the honorary 5th Turtle) would beat the living daylights out of Xander with his trusty baseball bat, Casey to pick up the win.

Advertisement