Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Fourm Beers/Activity.

• 03-02-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Now that the frost is beginning to thaw and we can go outside I'd suggest its nearly time to organise an old session.

Sully when we're sorred you might be kind enough to put an old announcement up.

I suppose a bit of brainstorming is called foe first. The basic idea last time seemed to be activity then beer. I'll get the ball rolling with suggesting:

Game of football.
    Airsofting.
    Karting.

Dates and all to be decided but i guess the end of this month or start of march.

What should we do? 21 votes

Football
    0% 0 votes
    Airsofting
    28% 6 votes
    Karting
    9% 2 votes
    Just beers
    23% 5 votes
    I don't mind
    38% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Not into the activity part. Beer sounds good though. Ill wait and see where ya pick to go first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ah I'd doubt the activity will even happen tbh,

It just came up last time so said i'd suggested it as an option.

I don't mind where we go, downes seemed ideal last time. Its prob a little too early in thread to spark off a geoffs debate.

Actually, I wonder was it them who hacked the site to silence me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'd definitely be up for a game of football and karting

Airsofting not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

couple of flagons down at the bandstand sound fine to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

seanybiker wrote: »
    Not into the activity part. Beer sounds good though. Ill wait and see where ya pick to go first.

How about beer at halftime during the football??? Then more beer, karting, more beer, airsoft and more beer to finish?

• Advertisement

TBH airsofting is not going to work as great fun as it is cause it'd be a nightmare to organise and you cant do it in waterford.

It really leaves karting and football so far, although all suggestions are welcome.

It was a great night last time, so hopefully we'll get a few more and we can turn into like a bi monthly event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Ziedth. wrote: »
    TBH airsofting is not going to work as great fun as it is cause it'd be a nightmare to organise and you cant do it in waterford.

It really leaves karting and football so far, although all suggestions are welcome.

It was a great night last time, so hopefully we'll get a few more and we can turn into like a bi monthly event.

Id go with Karting. Im not speaking for all girls but I cant really play. And I get angry when no one passes the ball just cos im sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Id go with Karting. Im not speaking for all girls but I cant really play. And I get angry when no one passes the ball just cos im sh!t.

Had to laugh at that! But it is a valid point. Not all girls can or want to play football. But all girls are great drivers. ;)

So karting gets my vote.

Had to laugh at that! But it is a valid point. Not all girls can or want to play football. But all girls are great drivers. ;)

So karting gets my vote.

I said I wasnt speaking for ALL girls. So neither should you!

But speaking for myself, yes I am an amazing driver.

Anyway on topic.

The karting could be fun and the drinks afterwards maybe? If thats what everyone wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

yeah id def be up for whatever you guys organize sounds like a lot of fun to me:D

• Advertisement

Well its good there seems to be interest

i'm happy to going with the majority rule. I'm useless at driving so my vote would be a game of ball but i'll go along with anything.

I guess to add a bit of structre to it we'll try and decide an event by monday then decide a date/night out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Might it be an idea to set up a poll with the options of what to do and see which gets more votes Ziedth?

I'm on the mobile site for the rest of the week takola, by all means add one. It would make things that it clearer. I'd only suggest to have an I don't mind option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Cool. I didn't know if ye'd rather leave airsoft out so I stuck it in and ye can just not vote for it.

You can PM one of us to add a new pole with dates when you're deciding when to have it, if you think that'll help too.

thanks for that.

Footall has raced ahead into an early lead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus Ziedth, you must have the Midas touch. Look at all the people interested compared to last time!

I think seeing and we wanted to go karting last time, that's what we should do now so I've voted for karting. Then later on that evening on for beers. Downses was ideal last time so I can't see anyone having an issue with that but I suppose taht can all be sorted out in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

lads where is the Karting ?

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    lads where is the Karting ?

We agreed last time that if we were to go karting we'd go to Kiltorcan and do the Grand Prix. It's some job up there in fairness.

I have voted for karting. If its on a date where I cant attend just minus my vote off. Id feel bad if my vote over-ruled the footie!

just to note we can always do footie or karting (which ever one looses) at the next one say in the spring. Ya i think a grand prix was going to the plan!

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    We agreed last time that if we were to go karting we'd go to Kiltorcan and do the Grand Prix. It's some job up there in fairness.
    Ya i got a great view of the place coming stone dead last while i was going around like i was driving miss daisy :)

Ya i got a great view of the place coming stone dead last while i was going around like i was driving miss daisy :)

We'll give you a head start so Miss Daisy. :D

I suppose one other thing to be considered here is that karting will cost about €50 each where football will only cost around a fiver.

fair point. Guess we'll leave it the weekend and decide a date early next week!

just a bump cause we're getting fairly low down and those interested might not have seen this thread last week. It seem just beers is coming on strong. My new thought is to go with that and we organise a game of ball seperately in the spring!

Any objections i'm still happy to try and organise it though, i'd summise though that those not interested in football prob wouldn't make it out to the beers part and we try and get as many as we can.

So pick a weekend anybody? Last saturday of FEB? give everyone plenty of time.

Any objections i'm still happy to try and organise it though, i'd summise though that those not interested in football prob wouldn't make it out to the beers part and we try and get as many as we can.

I'm not surewhat this sentence is mean to say Ziedth. Is it that those who aren't interested in the football part should just come along to the beers anyway?

Sorry,

I'm half asleep on way back to Cork.

Say there are 6 people above who picked just beers on the pole.

Well they might not bother coming if we went ahead with the football. So to try and get as many heads as we can we should just have a beers and try and seperately organise a game of football.

Sorry,

I'm half asleep on way back to Cork.

Say there are 6 people above who picked just beers on the pole.

Well they might not bother coming if we went ahead with the football. So to try and get as many heads as we can we should just have a beers and try and seperately organise a game of football.

Oh right I get what you mean. I'd have no bother playing soccer anytime so those of us who are interested in soccer can just organise a game ourselves whenever if it's easier to keep it seperate.

So whats the craic with this so?

• Advertisement

sorrywhat wrote: »
    So whats the craic with this so?

Looks like it's just beers, from both reasoning and voting so that's handy.

Now it's just a matter of arranging a date. Ziedth suggested the last Saturday in February, which is the 27th. Suits me grand, as does any Saturday except March 6th really. Friday nights - two out of three suit perfect and the other one can be arranged.

We did Downses last time which was ideal so I'd have no problem with there again.

So who's up for Beers and how are you fixed for dates?

Advertisement