Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

• 03-02-2010 1:32pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Post here with your accusations of shenanigans, complaints about matches and speculation on upcoming and past matches.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I dont think LZ should be able to vote. The universe might explode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

True, but he deserves a chance and I won't be voting.

Are you going to be unleashing your rage if Ash loses :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Not at all. The potential challengers for this match could easily best either one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

that's a good thing Wolf- cause my heart is in disagreement with my head.

• Advertisement

Deki wrote: »
    that's a good thing Wolf- cause my heart is in disagreement with my head.
    Go ahead vote with Pter and LZ. I shall not take offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Pter wrote: »
    I dont think LZ should be able to vote. The universe might explode.

It's about time the world allowed LZ to unleash his amazing knowledge. ;):p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's about time the world allowed LZ to unleash his amazing knowledge. ;):p
    Oh yeah, who's Brock Samson oh fount of amazing knowledge?

Can't know absolutely everything now! >_< :p

Wanna try The Phantom then?

• Advertisement

Aha I know who The Phantom is, I think Doom and I used him in the tournament we did together. Or maybe that was the Spectre. :confused: :pac:

Wears purple, lives in a jungle, carries two .45s and has a pet wolf.

always wanted to live behind a waterfall.:D

always wanted to live behind a waterfall.:D
    Phantom will be a real ghost relatively quickly I predict though. He drew a bad opponent.

Conan?:eek: Maybe the skull cave will be leased:pac:

Conan?:eek: Maybe the skull cave will be leased:pac:
    How did you know that?

How did you know that?
    :D scary isn't it?

Who matched up with Xander Harris then?

This is pushing it... guess Casey Jones? (crosses fingers)

You figured out the list didn't you?

• Advertisement

why can't you just believe ?:D

Because you sneaky Deki.

I'm not sneaky.:( ;) I just pay attention. (Also I copied your list so I could think about things-Already argued with dragon over first choice although he picked Punisher too- just wanted to be disagreeable:D)

I'm not sneaky.:( ;) I just pay attention. (Also I copied your list so I could think about things-Already argued with dragon over first choice although he picked Punisher too- just wanted to be disagreeable:D)
    Well then, how do you like Btaman's odds against his opponent?

I think Batman has proven his acrobatic abilities and quick reactions. Basically he can duck real good.:D We'll see:pac:

he won't make it past round three anyway

Batman will win this damn thing if I have anything to say about it! :D

you know that's not fair Wolf - you know i love batman;):D

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Batman will win this damn thing if I have anything to say about it! :D
    you know that's not fair- you know i love batman;):D
    You shall both know my pain of watching a favorite get wiped early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm completely confused for the moment, but Batman to take the whole thing :)

Well... unless I find this list and realise someone amazing is hidden on it somewhere

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm completely confused for the moment, but Batman to take the whole thing :)

Well... unless I find this list and realise someone amazing is hidden on it somewhere
    You noticed the actual tournament thread right.

glad you're enjoying yourself, how can you know what round three will be? I'm going to have to study this list more.:confused: (sighs)

glad you're enjoying yourself, how can you know what round three will be? I'm going to have to study this list more.:confused: (sighs)
    16 fights round 1
    Round 2 is #1-#16, #2-#15, #3-#14, #4-#13.........
    Understand it now?

maybe Wolf. head sort of aching;)

You noticed the actual tournament thread right.

Ah yes, I made the mistake of venturing this way first.

Um, just on Captain America... are we really classing him as human, what with the super-soldier serum and all? Seems "oh no I got the super-soldier serum in me" is a bit like "oh no the gamma radiation go me" ...

... that's right.... I propose we bring the Hulk BACK! :pac:

• Advertisement

+1

well, the serum didn't exactly create a "super hero" did it ? I mean it just made him the best he could be? "Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning." except that's not the "now" captain so I've just confused myself :confused:
    Neffer mind....:o

It's ok, the gamma rays just made Bruce Banner the best he could be. :)

Hulk needs a win! :p

Peter smash...i mean, agree

Fewcifur wrote: »
    It's ok, the gamma rays just made Bruce Banner the best he could be. :)

Hulk needs a win! :p
    ok:)
    What Hulk wants- Hulk gets
    th_hulk2-animated-animation-male-smile.gif

• Advertisement

well, the serum didn't exactly create a "super hero" did it ? I mean it just made him the best he could be? "Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning." except that's not the "now" captain so I've just confused myself :confused:
    Neffer mind....:o
    The only "power" Steve Rogers has is his body burns off fatigue poisons faster than normal. He can't go toe to toe with the Hulk. In fact Spider-Man could punch his head clean off.

If Spidey puches his lites out can I have his shield?

The shield is mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

T'Challa could probably beat both Cap and Batman at the same time.

They're lucky he's not in this.

The shield is mine.
    :( spoilsport:p

T'Challa could probably beat both Cap and Batman at the same time.

They're lucky he's not in this.
    He was disqualified since he has superpowers

:( spoilsport:p
    Fine you take the shield. I'm taking the boomstick.

Fine you take the shield. I'm taking the boomstick.
    Deal:D

That presumes that CAp gets eliminated from the tournament and does not win.

Yeah, that was the assumption.;) These first rounds are going fairly fast- aren't they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement