Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Victory dance! :D LOL, it's like if Will Ferrell were Batman, "You interest me pretty lady." :p Well done Cyber, great stuff!

Glad you had fun LZ. Might interest you to know that Deki was gonna be the tie-breaker vote.

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Victory dance! :D LOL, it's like if Will Ferrell were Batman, "You interest me pretty lady." :p Well done Cyber, great stuff!

Was woundering when you'd get around to that:P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Fishfood saved the day! Yay!

Now to await Galvasean's super tournament of tourneytasticness! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

And you are going to do one too? Right?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Fishfood only did what was right. ;) LZ celebrated the decision by watching Burton's films. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fishfood only did what was right. ;) LZ celebrated the decision by watching Burton's films. :D
    None of the new ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Now to await Galvasean's super tournament of tourneytasticness! :D

No point in me starting itn yet as I'll be going away at teh end of teh month. There's enough time to fit another tourney in before I get back.

That and the character roster isn't finalised yet. Anyone want a particular hero (must be a 'goodie'.. well, i might consider some less noble characters, if tehre is a hint of goodness about them) added post here (or PM me to surprise people).
    I'll see who I can add.

Also need to fine tune the 'rewards system'.

Galvasean wrote: »
    No point in me starting itn yet as I'll be going away at teh end of teh month. There's enough time to fit another tourney in before I get back.

That and the character roster isn't finalised yet. Anyone want a particular hero (must be a 'goodie'.. well, i might consider some less noble characters, if tehre is a hint of goodness about them) added post here (or PM me to surprise people).
    I'll see who I can add.

I want Deadpool.

I want Deadpool.

Should fit in nicely.

Should fit in nicely.
    :D:D:D
    I couldn't fit him into this one.

• Advertisement

I'll see who I can add.

Jackie Estacado!

Jackie Estacado!
    The guy from The Darkness? Could be interesting.

Jackie Estacado!

"The limit of The Darkness's power is unknown"

and with that I give an emphatic 'NO' to Jackie. Too much power. THis tourney calls for characters to build on.

Punisher kills Wolverine:

340x_sss.jpg

Punisher kills Wolverine:

340x_sss.jpg
    Actually Wolverine lived through that.

I'm thinking I may include Spock in the tourney too...

500x_spock_wolverine.jpg

"The limit of The Darkness's power is unknown"

and with that I give an emphatic 'NO' to Jackie. Too much power. THis tourney calls for characters to build on.

Ah yoh, if there's a power limit built in then fair enough. Though the lad has plenty of flaws, he's no Galactus or anything.

Stick him in some light and he's screwed (though he's a skilled hitman), plus he really tries his hardest not to use the darkness, or at least that's the way it was in the last comic I read.

Still... put him in a dark room and he'll take anyone, so I see your point.

Another suggestion...

Jesse from the Preacher comics. It is Jesse isn't it? The Preacher in the title. A lot of power, but even a powerless grunt can overcome his voice yoke.

Still... put him in a dark room and he'll take anyone, so I see your point.

Yeah these battles will take place at night (Nocturnal forum y'know).
    I'll have aread up on Jesses. Sounds a good character.

• Advertisement

Yeah these battles will take place at night (Nocturnal forum y'know).
    I'll have aread up on Jesses. Sounds a good character.

I haven't finished the series (got to a stage where the GNs were in short supply in the shops and also climbing in price) but basically he's a bit of a bad ass southern type of guy who gets inhabited by the spawn of an angel and demon (which is apparently as power as god.) From this his power is the voice of god... so if you hear him and understand him you are compelled to do what he says. I think there's one scene where he tells a cop to go **** himself... pretty sure the cop rips off his manhood and shoves it up his arse. But then there's the time where they're trying to fight a bunch of French lads who can't understand him so he gets the crap beaten out of him etc.

I don't know if he gets any more powers (which would most likely make him too powerful.) but as he is he's pretty interesting and powerful, yet has his limits and can be beaten easily enough, so Elektra for example would most likely have the speed to get a blade into his brain before he can say a word etc.

Wow, Wolverine gets his ass handed to him a surprising amount of times. Spock......Punisher....The Hulk.....Sabretooth.......who's next? Squirrel Girl? :p

Wow, Wolverine gets his ass handed to him a surprising amount of times. Spock......Punisher....The Hulk.....Sabretooth.......who's next? Squirrel Girl? :p

The whole regenerating thing makes him good fodder for writers. You acn rip him to bits and he can still come back later (although I think his regenerative abilities have been stretched to ludicrous levels in recent times, but that's a different point). If you do the same to The Punisher it's kind of hard to bring him back without resorting to some sort of oddball deus ex machina.

This popped into my head the other day. I know not why
    MOGO
    225px-IonCv3.jpg

VS

EGO, THE LIVING PLANET
    Egoplanet.PNG

Winner to face Galactus

What's Mogo?

The largest member of the Green Lantern Corps.(he's planet sized)

• Advertisement

Where does he put his ring? He's a fuppin' chancer!

Apparently he holds the ring within himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I'd say as big as he is...Anywhere he wants to:rolleyes:
    (i am sorry:o couldn't resist)

Deki wrote: »
    I'd say as big as he is...Anywhere he wants to:rolleyes:
    (i am sorry:o couldn't resist)
    Now that was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well if there is another vote going on here i'm siding with Mogo; Ego may be able to change shape and appearance to suit it's current status, but as soon as Mogo comes near it, Ego will get ripped apart from gravity alone and it's game over.

Mogo for the win!

• Advertisement

Well if there is another vote going on here i'm siding with Mogo; Ego may be able to change shape and appearance to suit it's current status, but as soon as Mogo comes near it, Ego will get ripped apart from gravity alone and it's game over.

Mogo for the win!

Though surely Ego must have some sort of gravity too? It's a tricky one really... Ego has psionic blasts that can destroy other planets, but Mogo has a ring (somewhere)

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Ego, solely for this reason:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Where does he put his ring?

In his Mariana Trench.

I demand to know why Kick Ass, Big Daddy and Hit Girl weren't in this tournament. :P :pac:

I demand to know why Kick Ass, Big Daddy and Hit Girl weren't in this tournament. :P :pac:

Any use?

Any use?

As far as superhero films go I really enjoyed it. It's on a level with S-M2 and Batman Begins which I think are 4 star films. Not quite on the 5 star level of TDK though. :pac:

As far as superhero films go I really enjoyed it. It's on a level with S-M2 and Batman Begins which I think are 4 star films. Not quite on the 5 star level of TDK though. :pac:

That's a pretty good recommendation. Must check it out, though I have Clash of the Titans pegged above it on my "to-see" list... just because I was a fan of the original movie.

Don't read Digital Spy's review so mate. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Is this a sport match thread?
    If so, CMON MUNSTERRR!!!!

If not...

*runs*

Is this a sport match thread?
    If so, CMON MUNSTERRR!!!!

If not...

*runs*

Aw, young Soccy, so naive! :D:p

• Advertisement

Aw, young Soccy, so naive! :D:p

I'm guessing that's a no? :pac:

Those of us who are nerds in this forum like to talk about hypothetical situations where one superhero is up against another. Example; who would win, Batman or Spiderman? :P

No, that's "THREE IN A ROW FOR LEINSTER!"

Awooga!

:P

Those of us who are nerds in this forum like to talk about hypothetical situations where one superhero is up against another. Example; who would win, Batman or Spiderman? :P

Oh no you didn't! Spiderman v Batman... the fight we dare not mention!

It's a battle not worth mentioning, because we know who'd win. ;)

ah, I see.:D
    Spiderman would kick Batman's ass tbf.
    No, that's "THREE IN A ROW FOR LEINSTER!"

Awooga!

:P

'mon Munster!!

Awooga??? (yea, I'm probably using that in the wrong context!)

ah, I see.:D
    Spiderman would kick Batman's ass tbf.

:eek:

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

You're probably right though. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

:eek:

I'll pretend I didn't hear that.

You're probably right though. :p

Remove morals and pathos from the battle and yes, Spiderman would win.

*waves Tower of Babel in Rhyme's face* :p

• Advertisement

*waves Tower of Babel in Rhyme's face* :p

You and your Tower of Babel... none of those plans even worked!

Advertisement