Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

re: future tournaments.

I'm working on an idea for a tournament with RPG style elements to it. Boss battles too.
    Still a lot of tinkering to do before it's perfect, plus I'm very busy. Won't be for a good while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Galvasean wrote: »

I'm working on an idea for a tournament with RPG style elements to it. Boss battles too.
    Still a lot of tinkering to do before it's perfect, plus I'm very busy. Won't be for a good while.
    I look forward to it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Green Arrow - but iI call shenanigens on the location :P
    No, I gave Lara home field advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

No, I gave Lara home field advantage

Surely that'd either be her mansion or some tomb she has just raided.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Surely that'd either be her mansion or some tomb she has just raided.
    She's fighting in her home country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

So will all this round be extended by 12 hours or was that just because it was the weekend?

May just give this one an extension as well. Final four and championship bout will be 48 hours

would only seem fair.

Think this sounds interesting,:) wonder how he plans to arrange it?

Deki wrote: »
    would only seem fair.
    Nah, people gonna need time to think I'm figuring.

• Advertisement

hmm I thought I was agreeing with you.

my bad you were.

I hope Cap gets beaten. Turns out even Batman has admitted that Cap would beat him in a fight. If the scenario is anyway less than ideal for Batman I think comic canon would make Cap victorious. :(

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I hope Cap gets beaten. Turns out even Batman has admitted that Cap would beat him in a fight. If the scenario is anyway less than ideal for Batman I think comic canon would make Cap victorious. :(
    Well as it stands now Batman and Green Arrow are assured a place in the Final Four. Cap has a good shot. The real wild card is Punisher vs. Snake Eyes. That battle could throw the Final Four into chaos

Mantel wrote: »
    If caps brought several flunkies... I mean sidekicks with him John might stand a better chance. After all he's already got reason to be in the stadium so has probalby befriended the one that keeps things running and gotten plans for the vent system and every door access code for the back areas. John would have found the CTV room and if he figured out the time frame for the plant might have tried looking over the footage, if he didn't have time it would be the first place he would go after the radio message. Caps won't sneak through a vent, he'll search every place he can, knocking out brave cops and stadium security that are being fed misinformation by the "mastermind"

John's not one to sit around and watch things happen, he has to get in there and do something! A failled ambush attempt would bring both to close combat. John would do his best but would take a beating (as he always would). Caps would try to take him alive after he gave John a beating of a lifetime and realising John wouldn't take much more in the onesided close combat fight. He would win but realise his mistake, the bomb was still in the stadium, he had to find it and then find all the other bombs planted in the city. He has crippled an ally in the fight against evil and must take on the allies quest and save innocent lives.

Caps wins, only to find out it was a trap.
    Wow, that vote is just awesomeness.

koth wrote: »
    McClane is checking out the stadium when he struck by something.

"Oww!! WTF?? A shield?? Who the f*ck throws a shield??"

He then notices the thrower of the shield.

"Who are you?? Pyjama man?? Hahaha!!"

Cap then beats McClane until he is of a colour to match caps costume:eek::eek:

Captain America
    I admit, I lol'd

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I admit, I lol'd

I figured if McClanes was making an exit, it might as well have some comedy since the films had their funny moments:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

I figured if McClanes was making an exit, it might as well have some comedy since the films had their funny moments:)
    Who said he has to go. he has an entire stadium full of things to play with.

Who said he has to go. he has an entire stadium full of things to play with.

yeah, but I couldn't picture him winning this one.

Damn imagination must be on strike today :(:P

he had a pretty good run in this tournament though. He made the top eight.

• Advertisement

Well as it stands now Batman and Green Arrow are assured a place in the Final Four. Cap has a good shot. The real wild card is Punisher vs. Snake Eyes. That battle could throw the Final Four into chaos

Yes, but Cap could threaten the ultimate victory of Batman over all mankind.

that match would take some thought.

Snake Eyes V. Punisher, this is gonna be fun:D

Snake Eyes V. Punisher, this is gonna be fun:D
    I made the fight as balanced and fair as possible. Kick his sorry ninja ass Frank!

:confused:Punisher is actually winning?

:confused:Punisher is actually winning?

Of course, he has the home advantage and is known for his paranoid booby-trappin' ways and impressive armory.

I'd have given the fight straight to Snake Eyes if it was just the two of them going at it, but now that Snake Eyes is essentially running Punisher's gauntlet, can't see much of an outcome other than Punisher with the win.

You should all know. I not starting the Final Four and Championship match until Monday. Each will be up for 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You should all know. I not starting the Final Four and Championship match until Monday. Each will be up for 48 hours.

That's great. I'm super busy until then :)
    Deki wrote: »
    Think this sounds interesting,:) wonder how he plans to arrange it?

As I'm planning it, it will start out like a 'normal' tourney with mighty heroes battling it out. However, there will be a 'power cap' of sorts. ie: no Superman, Hulk etc. I do however, intend to use some old favourites as well as heroes from continuities/universes not seen before in the Noc tourneys.

There will be opportunities for heroes to earn wargear for particularly heroic actions, which they can use in later battles. It may be something as simple as a new weapon, or an item which can be used to enchance one's abilities.

Bosses are particularly powerful characters who will show up now and then to effectively cull the ranks of the battling heroes. Bosses have their own minions to aid them in battle and take more votes to kill when fighting a hero. However, after each fight votes against said boss will count as 'wounds' meaning that the boss will be easier to kill in the next battle.
    For example:
    Hero 1 fights BOSS.
    BOSS needs 7 votes to win. Hero needs 10.
    BOSS wins 7-3.
    Hero 2 arrives to fight BOSS.
    BOSS needs 7 votes to win, but Hero needs 7 (10-3=7)
    etc.
    How do I decide which hero faces the boss first? Not telling yet.

There are 3 poweful Boss characters (who will be revealed at a later date). But just is their stake in all of this? Who or what is compelling them into war?
    There is something sinister afoot!

As I'm planning it, it will start out like a 'normal' tourney with mighty heroes battling it out. However, there will be a 'power cap' of sorts. ie: no Superman, Hulk etc. I do however, intend to use some old favourites as well as heroes from continuities/universes not seen before in the Noc tourneys.

There will be opportunities for heroes to earn wargear for particularly heroic actions, which they can use in later battles. It may be something as simple as a new weapon, or an item which can be used to enchance one's abilities.

Bosses are particularly powerful characters who will show up now and then to effectively cull the ranks of the battling heroes. Bosses have their own minions to aid them in battle and take more votes to kill when fighting a hero. However, after each fight votes against said boss will count as 'wounds' meaning that the boss will be easier to kill in the next battle.
    For example:
    Hero 1 fights BOSS.
    BOSS wins 7-3.
    etc.

There are 3 poweful Boss characters (who will be revealed at a later date). But just is their stake in all of this? Who or what is compelling them into war?
    I shall look forward to this.

• Advertisement

That's great. I'm super busy until then :)

For example:
    Hero 1 fights BOSS.
    BOSS wins 7-3.
    etc.

I'm very excited.

Advertisement