Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, I would never dream f giving Punisher home-field advantage as he is the weaker competitor, right?;)

To be honest Punisher and Batman have fought in pretty much every environment known to man. Pretty much any scenario would be neutral.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :eek: :mad:

*hands cyber a brown envelope inconspicuously*
    What's this note in here say, "Tie Batman's hands behind is back and give Punisher homing missiles."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

What's this note in here say, "Tie Batman's hands behind is back and give Punisher homing missiles."

Wrong envelope!:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That was a hard one to define. You have until Monday to vote.

I just read LZ's scenario. Then I had my friend read it. Wow. That was excellent. I am impressed! He said if you weren't writing comics you should be. Great stuff LZ! take your bows.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

LZ gonna be hating my post (even though he did write a really good scenario for bats v. punisher):P

Just want to say well done to cyberwolf for a hugely enjoyable tournament.

If you can read this, you're too close!

This is true- About Wolf I mean (have to go read your post yet)
    Fantastic job Wolf:cool: thank you very much!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah top job Cyber. Alas Koth, I'm just happy Bats got past Cap. On paper Cap should have won this hands down.

Deki wrote: »
    I just read LZ's scenario. Then I had my friend read it. Wow. That was excellent. I am impressed! He said if you weren't writing comics you should be. Great stuff LZ! take your bows.:cool:

:o

Thank you, the only experience I have of writing are writing essays. :pac:

Deki wrote: »
    That was an amazing scenario. You even worked so nobody has to die. I could so see that as a comic book as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah top job Cyber. Alas Koth, I'm just happy Bats got past Cap. On paper Cap should have won this hands down.

Paper doesn't win football matches tournaments.
    I would have had Cap beat Batman in a straight up fight, but I felt the scenario favoured cunning over out n' out fighting ability.

and now koth writes another excellent one! I am well entertained- Thank you. I can see i am going to have to really work on mine. Terrific job koth :cool:

That was an amazing scenario. You even worked so nobody has to die. I could so see that as a comic book as well.

Thank you boss!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Paper doesn't win football matches tournaments.
    I would have had Cap beat Batman in a straight up fight, but I felt the scenario favoured cunning over out n' out fighting ability.

Yeah, believe it or not I was prepared to give it to Cap, but I felt the setting suited Bats perfectly.

Yeah, believe it or not I was prepared to give it to Cap, but I felt the setting suited Bats perfectly.
    Until we saw the surprise ending am I right? Almost had Wolverine coming through the door instead.

Until we saw the surprise ending am I right? Almost had Wolverine coming through the door instead.

:D

I'm sure Supes was somewhere near, keeping a protectful eye over his buddy. ;)

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

really liked that twist. left me wondering who abducted them and has access/ could sneak them into the danger room.

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    really liked that twist. left me wondering who abducted them and has access/ could sneak them into the danger room.
    Lex Luthor and Red Skull working together. Luthor owed Joker a favor after Infinite Crisis and Skull wanted Cap dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Good job LZ and Koth! Now I don't know what to write. Hrmm. Pondering time.

Time is ticking. :( On a positive note I watched Batman Begins. :D

Time is ticking. :( On a positive note I watched Batman Begins. :D
    I just re-read The Killing Joke.

• Advertisement

I just re-read The Killing Joke.

I've read it multiple times, the last being a few weeks ago, can't get enough of it. I probably read The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns the most.

I've read it multiple times, the last being a few weeks ago, can't get enough of it. I probably read The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns the most.
    I could tell from your post in the current battle you a fan of The Killing Joke.

I could tell from your post in the current battle you a fan of The Killing Joke.

Damn right. :D Hush, The Killing Joke and Civil War were the inspirations. :)

I never read Civil War. Did read a bunch of the tie-ins for it though. Hush was some great stuff. I almost put him in the tournament actually

I never read Civil War. Did read a bunch of the tie-ins for it though. Hush was some great stuff. I almost put him in the tournament actually

Ah you made the right decision, I don't think Hush has quite enough cred to get into the tournament. Man you gotta read Civil War. :eek: It's epic, it's not often I react emotionally to a GN or even a book but Civil War will evoke a lot of feeling in you.

I just finished 52 and Infinite Crisis. Once I get some bucks togeteher I'll go after Civil War.

Is this Civil War the Marvel v Marvel one? I'm yet to pick up any of these GNs I really want! Soon my pretties soon! :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Is this Civil War the Marvel v Marvel one? I'm yet to pick up any of these GNs I really want! Soon my pretties soon! :)
    That's the one. DC has yet to do their version of such a thing.

That's the one. DC has yet to do their version of such a thing.

Was that dark night deally not quite similar... um... the one with the dark lanterns etc, dunno what it was called, but seemed to be rather everyone against everyone.

Very excited about this Civil War lark, I can't believe Cap was on the anti-government side and Ironman was for... though he does strike me as the sort of jerk who's a control freak.

• Advertisement

one for our collection:

500x_bats.jpg

Advertisement