Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humanitas Tournament Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

good good.:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Can't wait to see your next vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Haha I wasn't named and shamed! :D Yuss! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fewcifur wrote: »
    The only Punisher comics I read had him as a bad ass vigilante on the streets... but he never came up against a decent opponent so I never got to see what he was made of.

Daredevil, Spider-Man and even The Avengers have all suffered embarassing defeats at the hands of the Punisher.

INteresting fact: Angelina Jolie (as Lara Croft) is one of only 5 (I think) actors to legitimately pull off (huh huh) the single handed shotgun reload. Arnie was one of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Galvasean wrote: »
    Daredevil, Spider-Man and even The Avengers have all suffered embarassing defeats at the hands of the Punisher.

INteresting fact: Angelina Jolie (as Lara Croft) is one of only 5 (I think) actors to legitimately pull off (huh huh) the single handed shotgun reload. Arnie was one of the others.

In my comment I was actually going to say "if only Galvasean was here to enlighten me" :)
    Yeah, I only have a few Punisher comics and even some of those are the futuristic ones (which was awesome cause he could set how hard his bat was ... and then went and pummelled some moon freaks! Yus!)

Hang on... my reasoning for Jason Bourne to win was a good one, he CAN take out people with a towel!

• Advertisement

Can I just throw in my thinking on all this "she's disorientated from time travel" thinking. Indy wouldn't attack a confused girl, and we're not even talking about any girl here, we're talking about the composite wet dream of a whole game design company.
    If the Lara is genuinely disorientated I think Indy would try to help her and if she got a bit violent he'd keep his distance. If she pulled a gun on him he'd take cover or try and disarm her. It wouldn't be until the point where she looked altogether and was STILL trying to kill him that he'd go "ok, this crazy dames gotta go"

ok Fewcifur, good point, but original scenario said Indy was convinced she was there to steal antiquities, so from the beginning he believes her to be a threat. Also Lara hardly hides the fact that she's well armed, (where would she conceal them?) I don't think Indy would kill her, but think he'd at least want to contain her, then ask for answers. Didn't say my reasoning was good, only my reason, and her fall was accidental and since she's Lara maybe she didn't die in the fall down into the darkness... :)

Deki wrote: »
    ok Fewcifur, good point, but original scenario said Indy was convinced she was there to steal antiquities, so from the beginning he believes her to be a threat. Also Lara hardly hides the fact that she's well armed, (where would she conceal them?) I don't think Indy would kill her, but think he'd at least want to contain her, then ask for answers. Didn't say my reasoning was good, only my reason, and her fall was accidental and since she's Lara maybe she didn't die in the fall down into the darkness... :)

Oh yeah your one was good, the way he didn't mean to kill her... I was just throwing in my 2cent incase there's a sudden "She's disorientated! Touch her Bewbs! BEWBS!" type landslide.

Indy rarely kills peope who aren't trying to kill hm.... except for those damned Nazis!

Indy rarely kills peope who aren't trying to kill hm.... except for those damned Nazis!

Lara landed back in time in the midst of a fight between Indy and Nazis, Indy mistakes her for a Nazi in the melee and kills her. :cool: :pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Lara landed back in time in the midst of a fight between Indy and Nazis, Indy mistakes her for a Nazi in the melee and kills her. :cool: :pac:

I think Indy can tell the difference between a nazi and a Lara... though she probably does fit the Aryan master mould, just a shame about the hair/eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I said nothing about Nazis.:confused:

I took a bit of artistic licence all right. :p

Artistic license it is.

Grammar nazi! I'll send Indy after you. :D

I'm sorry, I was reserving a Sarlaac for the final battle did you say something?

Sarlaac? Sounds sinister.

sarlaac1983.jpg

Sarlaac is on the left

sarlaac1983.jpg

Sarlaac is on the left

Pft, looks like you could just stamp on it, and I know I'm taller than Mark Hamill... the ****!

That's just it's mouth.

Sorry, I was making a bad joke about perspective.

in other news... since when can spears dent the Hulk's gammatastic hide? I really thought I saw where Gamblor's story was going, well, I thought he was being a bit generous letting Ash get some kills, but I thought I saw where it was going to end up. 300 are cool and all, and I wasn't expecting to see them with the two Twilight saps... but, c'monnnnnnn... I await for Pter to swing by, s'all I'm sayin', s'all.

• Advertisement

Technically the spears could cut him, but he recovers from injury very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

They didn't penetrate/dent it, they just weakened him. If you can find any man/beast that can with stand 150 spartan spears without feeling a thing I'd love to see it! :P

Leonidas's final lethal blow was straight in the eye!

Go ahead stick 150 spears in this guy. I'll be standing way over there.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=46306

He doesn't look so tough!! :P

*runs away crying

gamblitis wrote: »
    They didn't penetrate/dent it, they just weakened him. If you can find any man/beast that can with stand 150 spartan spears without feeling a thing I'd love to see it! :P

Leonidas's final lethal blow was straight in the eye!

I'm sorry, but a few 1000 rounds from a high calibre mini-cannon > 150 spears. Such logic just doesn't work sir. If the American army can't take the hulk down I don't think some spears would weaken him... hang on.. WEAKEN HIM!?!

Make this chap angry and.... HULK SMASH!

*Makes notes for a Hulk vs Doomsday clash*

Hmmm it seems I have not thought this through properly and erred!

God damn it! I thought I had made a valliant effort!

No wait! I'm sticking with it! That's how things unfolded in my head and that's how I saw it going down. :P

gamblitis wrote: »
    Hmmm it seems I have not thought this through properly and erred!

God damn it! I thought I had made a valliant effort!

No wait! I'm sticking with it! That's how things unfolded in my head and that's how I saw it going down. :P
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. maybe Ares loaned the Spartans some special spears.

Just did some research... Hulk's skin density means even bullets can't pierce it... no chance spears could. F=ma .

Hulk vs Doomsday would be epic, but ultimately Doomsday would win.

• Advertisement

The Hulk possesses the potential for near-limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. This has been reflected in the repeated comment "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." The entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside". His durability, healing, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper. Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal --and most immortals-- who ever walked the Earth."

The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of inner solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-splitting impacts. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods (yet still eventually needing to breathe), and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds.

His powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, or the Sentry. He also has less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, grow stronger from radiation or dark magic, and to see and interact with astral forms.

What about Grey Hulk

What about Grey Hulk

What about grey hulk? He's just like a thinking mean version of the Hulk, much weaker than the regular "HULK SMASH!" type Hulk.

What about grey hulk? He's just like a thinking mean version of the Hulk, much weaker than the regular "HULK SMASH!" type Hulk.
    yeah, who changes back to Banner in sunlight........
    I think we have another Nocturnal mascot.

yeah, who changes back to Banner in sunlight........
    I think we have another Nocturnal mascot.

I think that would make Pter very happy

I'm sure it would.

• Advertisement

Excellent.

Himalayas?! Poor Batman, he's totally out of his element.

You sonuvagun, you just had to make this awkward!

True, but Elektra is out of her element as well.

True, but Elektra is out of her element as well.

I dunno, Elektra isn't exactly an urban fighter really... well she is, but there are no skyscrapers for Batman to glide off etc. Tis awful tricky. Takes away much of Batman's preferred tricks.

Batman is never out of his element;)

• Advertisement

*high fives Deki!*

It's going to be a tough one though, it really will be. I'd give it to Bats if it was in a city etc, but who has better fighting skills and who has better stealth? Really they're both masters. Batman has his gadgets, but how many of those will be effective on the side of a mountain? Then there's Elektra's ability to see a limited amount of the future, which normally prevents her from getting taken by surprise.

*high fives Deki!*

It's going to be a tough one though, it really will be. I'd give it to Bats if it was in a city etc, but who has better fighting skills and who has better stealth? Really they're both masters. Batman has his gadgets, but how many of those will be effective on the side of a mountain? Then there's Elektra's ability to see a limited amount of the future, which normally prevents her from getting taken by surprise.
    I found her official profile from Marvel Comics. She has no superpowers.
    Edit: I just helped Batman didn't I?

He can use the peaks and crevices same way he uses skyscrapers, most things on his utility belt would work- wouldn't they?

I found her official profile from Marvel Comics. She has no superpowers

I just checked the offical bio too... it's rather dated. Sure she's been shown using her psy powers in actual comics etc. On the lowest level she has the ability to communicate telepathically with other members of the hand, but she's also been shown to have much more power. They didn't throw that future-glimpsing bit into the movie for the craic loike.

Edit: I just helped Elektra didn't I :(

Deki wrote: »
    He can use the peaks and crevices same way he uses skyscrapers, most things on his utility belt would work- wouldn't they?
    :eek::mad::o Yeah, you have a point there

and not a single happy face from the Wolf:eek::p

:D Happy now.

I dunno really, it's quite hard to use such gadgets on a mountain... he'd have to change his tactics a fair bit. With anyone else I'm sure he'd have no issues, but Elektra is a top assassin with comparable martial arts skills etc.

Tower of Babel is to Batman what World War Hulk is to Hulk. ;) Elektra, regardless of her talent, is no where near the biggest problem Batman has ever faced. Chances are that in this weird world where Marvel and DC collide Bats is already awear of Elektra and has a detailed dossier on how to kick her ass. A time will come when all the information in the world won't help Bats against his opponent, but I don't think this time has come with Elektra.

Tower of Babel was my inspiration for this match actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement