Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2010

Options
  • 03-02-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

So the headliners are decided

U2, Muse and..............Stevie Wonder (:eek::eek:)

Guess old Mr Wonder is a shock for most fans!!!

Source : http://www.nme.com/news/muse/49545

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Yeah. Think everybody assumed that Stevie Wonder was just another one of those ridiculous early rumours. Apparently Emily Eavis denied that he was gonna play before Michael confirmed it. They're still finalising it i think but it does look like it's happening.

Not that i'd plan to see all 3 headliners but they are decent ones. Considering that 2 of them never do festivals and one is one that always goes down well at them.

The build up should start proper now the next few weeks. Great to have this to look forward to!

Looking forward to even booking ferries. Roadtrip to Glasto!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is that the order with U2 Friday, Muse Saturday and Mr Wonder Sunday?

I'll probably not bother with Muse as I'll most likely be off elsewhere watching something strange and wondering what the cause of the strangeness is. Probably will catch Stevie Wonder though, just for the WTF is he doing at Glasto'ness of it all. If I'd just been told that he was playing there and not what slot, I'd have assumed it would have been Rolf's Sunday midday time he was getting and not the headline one.

I'm not sure about seeing U2 there tbh, seen plenty of their big stadium gigs over the years so would be interesting to see how they cope with being stuck in a muddy* field and limited props, but again I'll be quite likely to be off elsewhere in a state and will then just catch it on the Beeb's coverage afterwards.

*It will be dry and sunny all the way through the weekend this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Stevie Wonder wouldn't be much of a headliner I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I've been dreaming about Stevie headlining for years now. And didn't get tickets in time :( Fingers crossed for the re-sales!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Stevie Wonder wouldn't be much of a headliner I would have thought.
    Once he plays lots of stuff that everybody knows he can't go far wrong.
    beans wrote: »
    I've been dreaming about Stevie headlining for years now. And didn't get tickets in time :( Fingers crossed for the re-sales!

There will be more sales after the end of February, probably the first Sunday in April if I had to guess. There won't be many and they will go quick, but I'm now looking for another couple of tickets as well so will have to keep my eyes peeled for when they do go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Whens these cancelled tickets coming back out?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wait till stevie wonder sees the glasto crowd he will never forget that image ;)

pistonsvox wrote: »
    Whens these cancelled tickets coming back out?? :confused:

The deadline for paying off the balance of your tickets is the end of this month, so some point after that. I'd expect it to be the first Sunday in April that they flog of the remainder, but it all depend on the kind of numbers they have to get rid of and thus how much they feel they need to publicise the event. So the remaining tickets could be sold with barely anyone noticing with the website going live at any random time between the beginning of March and ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

ricero wrote: »
    wait till stevie wonder sees the glasto crowd he will never forget that image ;)

shít joke is shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

punchdrunk wrote: »
    shít joke is shít.

what im being honest, heard he got a cheese grater for xmas was the best book he ever read

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    The deadline for paying off the balance of your tickets is the end of this month, so some point after that. I'd expect it to be the first Sunday in April that they flog of the remainder, but it all depend on the kind of numbers they have to get rid of and thus how much they feel they need to publicise the event. So the remaining tickets could be sold with barely anyone noticing with the website going live at any random time between the beginning of March and ???.

Sure ill keep checking www.seetickets.co.uk/g2010 i assume?:pac:

I dunno why but I really feel I cant miss Glasto this year, its like a drug!

Just checking See at random times was how I managed to pick up an extra couple of tickets the week after they sold out in October and the website suddenly worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cirkumflexjohn

bit surprised by the headliners really.

u2....amm, well i think theyre a load of ****ing twats and theyre music is middle of the road, contrived ****. but thats my opinion...sure itll get blasted on here.

muse, yeah why not. great live band. will be good on the pyramid.

stevie? headlining? hmmm, not sure...looks to me like they were trying for someone else and couldnt get them so had to settle on stevie. still, he'll be savage live.

i work at this festival, so ive been a few years. LOVE it. makes you think about what a dump oxegen is!

i heard a long time ago, from someone quite high up in the glasto organisation that they were going for u2, bowie and rolling stones...must have been bull****.

Fingers crossed as they say

The Stones is a permanent rumour for playing "next year". Bowie did 2000(?) and whilst Muse have also played more recently, obviously, would be a bit soon for him to get a headline again with the Sunday oldie slot again.

wouldnt mind muse at all:cool:

Come on cancelled tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Its my first time going over this year, wondering is it best to get over there on the Wednesday? do the campsites fill up on the Thursday/Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

we got there on the thursday evening last year and the campsites were pretty full by then ... still it was no prob getting the tent down, like any festival you will always find a spot :D

Some of the areas will be full by midday on the Wednesday these days.

As long as your not trying to pitch three 8 man tents next to each other then you'll be able to pitch somewhere, it might not be too central though and you may have to work creatively with the neighbouring tents occupants in order to fit yours in, but you'll get in somewhere.

The earlier you can get there the better though, the best days of the festival for me are always the Wednesday/ Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Wow wasn't planning on heading over to Glastonbury, but may just have to now!

Its gonna be so hard to get the tickets now ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

flights booked. :D

^^Hate you :pac:

See tickets one emailed me back and theyre reselling early April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

shoutman wrote: »
    Wow wasn't planning on heading over to Glastonbury, but may just have to now!

Good luck getting tickets for it... There'll be a bazillion U2 fanbois trying to get them at the same time when they release around 10,000 (tops) tickets for resale!

Paid my balance on Saturday and have booked a week off work surrounding it, so bring on the Glasto!!!!!:D

I really should see about sorting the flights out soon, and seeing if we actually have a campervan to go with the campervan pass that we bought. Not sure I could handle ruffing it in with the rest of you in tents anymore. ;)

tman wrote: »
    Good luck getting tickets for it... There'll be a bazillion U2 fanbois trying to get them at the same time when they release around 10,000 (tops) tickets for resale!

Paid my balance on Saturday and have booked a week off work surrounding it, so bring on the Glasto!!!!!:D

U2 wnkers! :pac:

I think they should have every headliner they ever had playing all day for the 3 days :D Now that'd be an anniversary festival

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Whats the flight prices like at the moment...Need to book mine...

• Advertisement

Still looks to be flights from 9.99 depending on when you go over.

Not quite decided which flights I want to go on yet though so am still putting off booking for some reason. :confused:

Advertisement