Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Glasto123

Hi, probably a stupid question but did you get confirmation of your order straight away?

I got through and ordered 2 tickets at 10am, confirmed my address, entered my credit card details and submitted. It said "thank you for your order" ... "your reference number will be emailed to you along with confirmation of your order within the next 24 hours"... Is this what you all got?

So have i got tickets? Could they still reject my credit card or has it been verified??... I'm afraid to get too excited in case i haven't gor them!!! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

got tickets. at same page again, anybody need me to get them tickets?

was it a normal ticket or a coach combined you got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

you should get a confirmation mail within 24 hours. if it said you successfully got tickets then you're looking good (even without confirmation mail they should be able to link your registration number with the order)

if your credit card rejects the order you might be in trouble though, but make sure that when people start saying on the forums on www.efestivals.co.uk that the money has been taken out of their account, check yours, if not check with the bank that the Credit Card is OK.

i'm sure you're fine though. You've pretty much made it.. : )

pauliewallie; i could only get a London to Glasto (bus ticket + festival ticket) still available as far as i know

thanks, tryna get my mate a ticket but only coach left and he cant take the wed off work ... shame the coach combos are only going on the wed ...

looks liek the other tix are 'officially' sold out now ....

does anyone know of any other ways to get your hand on a normal ticket even at this late stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Glasto123

you should get a confirmation mail within 24 hours. if it said you successfully got tickets then you're looking good (even without confirmation mail they should be able to link your registration number with the order)

if your credit card rejects the order you might be in trouble though, but make sure that when people start saying on the forums on www.efestivals.co.uk that the money has been taken out of their account, check yours, if not check with the bank that the Credit Card is OK.

i'm sure you're fine though. You've pretty much made it.. : )
    Ah thanx Marcellardoor. there shouldn't be anything wrong with my cc, so if this is the confirmation everyone got, then fingers crossed i'll be alright.. I can't believe it, I'm soooo excited.!! Was gutted to miss the festival last year, sat in all weekend watching it on the telly.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

So who's flying to Bristol on the Wednesday morning?

got the flight to Bristol in 2007 and rented a car. this year i'm going via ferry on the tuesday. bit more expensive but like the idea of a road trip. Will stock up on supplies too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There are a bunch of €9.99 flights with no taxes going at the moment if you can get away with flying Tuesday-Tuesday.

Supposed headliners...Not very impressed... http://twitpic.com/1fjc1j

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Faithless for the sunset set on the Sunday. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Full line-up (Guardian)

Early Clashfinder

Let the quaralling begin! My only (sizeable) misgiving is that Orbital, Gomez and Stevie Wonder all clash, aside from that there's enough to keep it interesting.

waits for 'worst line-up ever' comments to come flooding in ;)

I'd be fairly pleased with the line up .... theres a clash on the sat night with jamie t, midlake and christy moore ... jamie t probably the fav to win that battle :D

glasto is such a brilliant head**** anyway that the line up matters little, atmosphere is second to none ...

fri night conundrum: never seen flaming lips but then again will I ever get the chance to see U2 at glasto again ? and what will they be like without all the bells and whistles ?

fri night conundrum: never seen flaming lips but then again will I ever get the chance to see U2 at glasto again ? and what will they be like without all the bells and whistles ?
    That is part of my reason that I think I'll try and remember to see U2. Seen them plenty of times before, but interested in how they cope with just them a few instruments and the crowd.

Of course I could be lost in somewhere far more interesting elsewhere at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Slane a few years back was quite a stripped-down U2 show, and they handled it well - despite the potential for sing-alongs and such, I reckon I too will be elsewhere on Friday. Mos Def / Flaming Lips likely.

Just noticed no Pearl Jam... yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

I am and i cant flipping wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

robinph wrote: »
    Seen them plenty of times before, but interested in how they cope with just them a few instruments and the crowd.

Remember, up until the whole Zoo TV thing that's all had. They were a great live band back then too.

beans wrote: »
    Just noticed no Pearl Jam... yet :)

no arcade fire either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

http://www.brotherscider.co.uk/news/thanks-for-another-great-year-heres-to-a-fantastic-summer/

Only just thought of boards for this one - it's been up an hour now so hopefully still available for anyone that wants to try
    pete

Can't think of any reason why you'd want to, but if you want to cancel your tickets and get your money back then the deadline is this Friday:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/newsrefund-deadline-day-is-friday

They also have "insurance" for your ticket this year as well for if you think you'll not be able to go for some reason between now and then. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I wonder will U2 bring their trademark cat walk stage or the heart shaped one from the past couple of tours with them? Would be odd for them to do a whole gig on the same stage. I hope they change the setlist and don't start with the 4 new songs. Alot of the crowd won't be big fans and won't want to hear too many songs they don't know. They should open with something very recognisable and definatly not the awful 'Get On Your Boots'. Mainly upbeat rock tunes are what is needed - if I could pick one essential Glasto track for them it would be the excellent 'Until The End Of The World'. If they are on top form they could potentially deliver one of the all time greatest performance at Glasto - and I think they will. They seem to put on better performance with a stripped down shows as they have to put more effort in. Slane is the perfect example.

I am suprised they didnt get another massive band though - Muse are very much standard festival band these days - nothing major for the 40th. The Stones would've been ideal. Although I supose U2 and The Stones on the one bill would've been too good to be true.:cool:

The only major stage type setup extras that I've seen before was for Roger Waters and a few extra speaker stacks in the Pyramid field that ony he used a few years ago. No way they would be getting any aditional catwalk stage just for them so it will be a lot less showbiz than their regular tours. Agreed on the set list though, they have to play lots of old stuff that everybody knows, and then throw in just a couple of new tracks for the fans. I thought Bruce was rubbish last year, despite the BBC coverage trying to make out the fans loved it. He just seemed to play a load of stuff that the regular non-Bruce fan had never heard before. At a festival you have to play the stuff that most people know to get them involved and interested in you, then give them a new track. But just a load of stuff that only the most devoted fans have heard before is no good from those big acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Glastofarian

I'm flying in on Wedsday afternoon and driving down if you are interested in sharing car hire give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Just a heads up ..Returned tickets to go on sale tomorrow at 12..
    http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/51082
    Available if your Registered.

robinph wrote: »
    The only major stage type setup extras that I've seen before was for Roger Waters and a few extra speaker stacks in the Pyramid field that ony he used a few years ago. No way they would be getting any aditional catwalk stage just for them so it will be a lot less showbiz than their regular tours. Agreed on the set list though, they have to play lots of old stuff that everybody knows, and then throw in just a couple of new tracks for the fans. I thought Bruce was rubbish last year, despite the BBC coverage trying to make out the fans loved it. He just seemed to play a load of stuff that the regular non-Bruce fan had never heard before. At a festival you have to play the stuff that most people know to get them involved and interested in you, then give them a new track. But just a load of stuff that only the most devoted fans have heard before is no good from those big acts.

I was there, not a huge Bruce fan but I thought it was pretty epic...It was a bit too long but It'll be a gig I'll never forget...

i can barely contain the excitement going to this, just over 4 weeks to go.

i've had glasto on the brain the last few weeks and have been buying all sorts of crap for the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody here flying out on the early morning flight on Wed 23rd June to Bristol? Id say a lot of Glastonbury people will be on that flight. Myself and 2 mates are going to be on it.

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody here flying out on the early morning flight on Wed 23rd June to Bristol? Id say a lot of Glastonbury people will be on that flight. Myself and 2 mates are going to be on it.

Yep, I'll be on that with a few mates...Early start...Hope to have tent set up on Pennard hill with beer in hand by 10 bells...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I hope U2 don't have to pull out as a result of Bono's back surgery. Would be such a shame for all of those fans and the band themselves as I know the gig means alot to them. Although tbh spinal surgery is very serious and even if he is able to perform in 4 weeks he surely won't be able to give it 100% and may have to stand still or even sit which will be sad to see considering they will have wanted to put on an amazing gig. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.:(

• Advertisement

Had missed that about him having sugery.

It's not the gig itself that would be most likely to stop him though, it's the doing one in Canda, two days later one in Glastonbury then the next day another one over the other side of Canada that is more likely to stop him.

Advertisement