Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

let us know when you get yours. When did you get the email?

ticket in today and 3 weeks to go. Gorillaz are a great replacement. here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

got my ticket this morning :D

we will be on site on thursday morning .... anybody got a recommendation on where to camp?

last year we camped near the wicket ground (which is family camping this year) ... wouldnt mind camping near John Peel as it is kinda central for Pyramid and Other stage but am open to other suggestions ....

Your always miles away from something at Glasto.

I'm going to try Pennard's Hill again. It seems like the most central for the Other Stage & Pyramid. It's the liveliest too as well. Also close to the night arenas.

Although I like the idea of camping at Big Bround though. looks like an amazing view and you could almost look at the pyramid from your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

ours have arrived apparently :) An post left a note yesterday saying to pick up something at the post office....which my OH tells me were our tickets! we must have to sign for them on delivery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did you guys all get emails before they arrived?

Still no sign of any emails coming through for either of my orders yet. :(

i got the email last Friday and got the tickets Monday.

My sister is expecting a coach ticket, she hasn't got a mail yet. I'd say they're still getting through them. You should be OK. You've until June 9th. I'd say if you don't have a mail by Friday give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Glastofarian

I'm heading over on Wed night anyone up for a paddys meet up over
    the weekend, suggestions wellcome

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Finally got an email from see saying out tickets have been dispatched but no order tracking number to say when!

As for camping, we're a family of 5 so we're going to head over to Woodsies, Wicket, Mead or Webbs Ash. Near the action but not so close as we won't be able to sleep/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Anyone flying from Cork to Bristol on the Thursday night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got the email yesterday to say that the courier had picked up the tickets, no tracking number yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I got my tickets like two weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Got me tickets... flyin out the wednesday around 6:30 am...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

I found a website that has a google earth thingy for glasto its pretty good; http://www.glastoearth.com/the-map

just over a week now...people bringing tents over or buying them when they get there? Couldn't be arsed paying ryanair the extra charge to bring mine...

I saw something earlier where Millets would let you buy stuff that you'd then pick up at their onsite store so you'd not have to bother with carting it there yourself, could have been on the Glasto Facebook news feed but not sure now.

Hmmm yeah seen that, can only imagine the collection queues for the tents tho... Last thing you want after a 12 hour hike to glasto...Think I might just pick up one of those pop out tents along the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I might do that Millets thing and order stuff online. Flying with Ryanair so can only bring a small carryon bag. Might pack my sleeping bag, some clothes/toiletries and get a cheap tent over there.

Not long to go now. I am overdosing on fish oils, multi vitamins and milk thistle since last week in a hope that I am in fairly good knick for the 5 days at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I've picked up stuff from Millets before. Never had an issue with queues but it probably depends what time you get there.

don't want to jinx it or anything but this sounds promising:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jun/16/glastonbury-2010-met-office?

this seems to be a decent site to keep an eye on forecast for the week ahead, yellow & orange are good. probably won't be accurate until Monday:

http://weather.unisys.com/ecmwf/ecmwf_500p_4panel_eur.html

• Advertisement

I've been trying not to look at weather forecasts or even think about it so as not to jynx it ... but that does look promising ...fingers crossed :D

Getting close now ... think Gorrillaz are going to get the nod ahead of Flaming lips .. the Pyramid being the deciding factor.

Trying to draw up a list of Irish acts playing .. wont get to see half of them but always nice to check out Irish acts at a foreign festival .. like a proud parent :D

Christy Moore and Declan Synnot
    Imelda May
    Villagers
    Fionn Regan
    Two door Cinema club
    Kormac Big band
    Shouting at Planes
    Ash
    Julie feeny

many i'm missing ? ... I'm aware of brian kennedy :D

Gandalf Murphy & The Slambovian Circus - he has got to be Irish right ?

:p

The Saw Doctors

Where/when are villagers on?

Park Stage ... Sunday ... 1pm I think ... fionn regan is @ the same stage @ 3pm ... I intend catching them both

Nice 1 i didn't spot villagers, thats my sunday afternoon planned too.

I will have to find time to go to Baz's Acid House to see 808 State Play :cool:

Also the cinema tent is meant to be showing Toy Story 3D on Sun morning at 11am. If i am around at that time I might pop into that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

ricero wrote: »
    wait till stevie wonder sees the glasto crowd he will never forget that image ;)

you sir have made my day

gazzer wrote: »
    I will have to find time to go to Baz's Acid House to see 808 State Play :cool:

Also the cinema tent is meant to be showing Toy Story 3D on Sun morning at 11am. If i am around at that time I might pop into that

3D film with a hangover :eek:

Got a couple of cards today for my free pints of Brothers. :)

Thanks to Colin I presume. :confused:

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if there are any shops/stalls near the entrance to the festival where slabs of beer can be bought? Prob wont get a chance from when we get the bus from the aiport to when we arrive to buy any beer.

Advertisement