Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'd also prob explode with joy is Easilly were ever played at a concert i went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You just get the feeling with muse that you will hardly ever hear them play the likes of sunburn, showbiz, muscle museum again :( instead you have to listen to crap like neutron star collision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

iMuse wrote: »
    You just get the feeling with muse that you will hardly ever hear them play the likes of sunburn, showbiz, muscle museum again :( instead you have to listen to crap like neutron star collision

Such a shame, if they swapped all the songs they played tonight off of the resistance with songs from showbiz then it'd have been a brilliant setlist!

At least nobodys father died I suppose..

iMuse wrote: »

I'd love a core group of songs like showbiz, bliss, sunburn, stockholm, MM, SFA, Assassin, Apoc Please, even hyper music. Where i could simply head bash to hard muse. Before i go off and enjoy the fun stuff. I didn't like the inbetween of HARD to something like plug in baby that they done at glasto. Unless im just imagining it now.

Was also delighted no one was in my house tonight, bouncing around the sitting room with sound bang up :o. Really thought they were going to play house of the rising sun too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Was never really a big fan of Muse, but last night's set changed my mind. For those that missed it last night:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The BBC's coverage has been fscking AMAZING. Almost like being there. Particularly loving the live video feed of the 6music studio at www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury they've had some fantastic guests in there this weekend.

And it means not having to watch that twit Zane Lowe and Jo "oh wow amazing" Whiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did anyone watch Jackson Browne?!

I can't get the BBC iPlayer working and I'm devastated I missed it. :(

mars bar wrote: »

The iPlayer isn't available outside of the UK. Although ...http://www.watchuktv.co.uk/free_trial/

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

eth0_ wrote: »
    The iPlayer isn't available outside of the UK. Although ...http://www.watchuktv.co.uk/free_trial/

:(

I love the World Cup too but that's just pushing it!

Thanks though!

• Advertisement

:(

I love the World Cup too but that's just pushing it!

Thanks though!

It's only £7...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Got Sky? Press the Red button during the coverage tonight & they might reply it on that.

Edit: The multi-screen coverage is already on interactive. No need to wait till main show starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

slash is on now. red button. video one

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

Try this - I'm watching it now on i player :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65774021&postcount=99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Stevie Wonder has been added to my list of artists I had the chance to see and didn't but really really should have but it's not too late !!!

And just when I wished he hurry up and play superstition out it comes !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

He is doing brilliantly at Glasto right now - putting both the Gorillaz and Muse to shame - and it's even more amazing considering all the young people enjoying 40 year old songs so much. Neither of those acts will have that effect in my view - both very good bands but wouldve been better for other 'legends' to headline Fri and Sat seeing as it's the 40th. I hope Stevie ends though with a different song than he did at Dublin as it was a bit of an anti-climax to such an upbeat gig - especially as no-one knew it. He should end with 'As' if a choir is needed. Something upbeat like Part Time Lover or I Was Made To Love Her would be better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SB-08 wrote: »
    He is doing brilliantly at Glasto right now - putting both the Gorillaz and Muse to shame - and it's even more amazing considering all the young people enjoying 40 year old songs so much. Neither of those acts will have that effect in my view - both very good bands but wouldve been better for other 'legends' to headline Fri and Sat seeing as it's the 40th. I hope Stevie ends though with a different song than he did at Dublin as it was a bit of an anti-climax to such an upbeat gig - especially as no-one knew it. He should end with 'As' if a choir is needed. Something upbeat like Part Time Lover or I Was Made To Love Her would be better though.

Happy Birthday good enough for ya ? It would have been if edis wasnt singing lmfao!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

calex71 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday good enough for ya ? It would have been if edis wasnt singing lmfao!!!!!!!

Yeah he was awful singing but it was a great ending. A bit shocked Stevie only did 90 minutes though - he did over 2 hours in Dublin. Quite a few missed off tonight such as My Cherie Amour, Isnt She Lovely, Do I Do, Lately, I Wish. Was still epic tho. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

cena wrote: »
    slash is on now. red button. video one

Was that the Chap from Alterbridge singing with him??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Was that the Chap from Alterbridge singing with him??

+1

Was wondering that as well...... And is 'Slash' the name the band as a whole are using or what's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what it the story with the coverage being crap tonight ???? some are so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

+1

Was wondering that as well...... And is 'Slash' the name the band as a whole are using or what's the story?

By the looks of it i think its just him and all the guests given a mention.. But that def looks like the singer from Alterbridge

Try this - I'm watching it now on i player :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65774021&postcount=99

That's odd considering the live iPlayer streams do not work with Tor...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge is doing vocals for the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

right.im going next year after watching all the coverage.whats the lark with getting tickets
    i went in 05 to see oasis and it was a graet weekend even though oasis were terrible and my uncle who lives in london just bought tickets the day they went on sale

ta in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

caught a clip of the temper trap yesterday. they were pretty good, better than I thought, as a result I'll check out their album.
    anyone who went to see paul brady recently will have noticed his guitar player wailing alongside ray davies yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

eth0_ wrote: »
    That's odd considering the live iPlayer streams do not work with Tor...

Seem to do - I have the 5 live commentary on now for Brazil-Chile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Just back from Glastonbury, sun burnt, dehydrated, mangy and tired beyond belief but it was literally the best festival I have ever been to. I think it's ruined me for any other festivals.

I'm too shattered to do a full review but highlights for me included:

On the Friday, Mumford and Sons, playing the John Peel stage was one of the best musical experiences I've ever had. I was fairly close to the front but the crowd seemed to extend well beyond the confines of the tent. The atmosphere was just fervernt. It seemed like everyone in the crowd knew every single word. You really got the feeling that the guys were having a great time too. I must watch the coverage back on BBC but hopefully that came across on the TV too.

After Mumford I left my friends watching the Black Keys and wiggled my way into the front row for Hot Chip on the other stage. For me they are missing a little something in the stage presence/charisma dept but the songs work and on the hits like Ready for the Floor the crowd was electric.

Trying to make my way away from the stage after the Hot Chip set I somehow managed to wander backstage after taking a wrong turn. I did the most showbiz-y thing I could think of and used the superior toilet facilities. Loittered about for a bit trying to spot someone famous. Played a game with two randomers that involved pointing and shouting at anyone wearing a hat (more fun than it sounds). Then got a little bored and decided to check out the Gorillaz set on Pryamid. Should have stayed backstage to be honest I really wasn't feeling the Gorillaz. I don't have the Plastic Beach album and it didn't seem like many of the crowd did either. The feeling around the campsite the next day was that it was a bit of a disappointment all round.

On Saturday I had the pleasure of seeing the National again having been at their Royal Albert Hall show a couple of weeks ago. I had started watching their set at the back of the other stage but it was pretty clear that no one around me was really familiar with their stuff so I pushed my way forward and suddenly it got a whole heap better. Especially when Matt Berninger came into the crowd with the world's longest mic lead and stood right beside me.

The other highlight without a doubt was Muse. I was skeptical about their ability to really headline, as I would really only know their singles and some of the older album stuff. I was wrong. They rocked! The got the crowd going immediately with a trio of anthems. By the time the Edge joined them for "Where The Streets Have No Name" the crowd was completely on side. They were just in a different league to Gorillaz.

After a very late night sampling the delights of the Shangri-la/Avalon/Block 9 areas, Sunday was a write off. Lay by the tents listening to 5 live's increasingly irate commentary of England getting hammered and finally got up to watch Faithless and Stevie Wonder.

Faithless were good but just really not my cup of tea. Insomnia being the only real standout for me. Stevie on the other hand was jam packed with hits. From my perch at the top of the pyramid field it looked like all 200,000 people had come to see him. With the sun setting behind the stage and Chinese lanterns lighting up the sky to the east it was really hard not to feel pretty good about the weekend. Stevie is without doubt a musical genius but I'd also reckon he is as mad as a box of frogs. The "spontaneous" dialogue between songs was cringey at best but I guess thats all part of the charm.

A nice ol' rendition of Happy Birthday at the end with Michael "Tone Deaf" Eavis joining in was a great end to the main stage activities.

Anyhoo that was some of the main musical bits but Glasto is really about all the other bits that happen in addition to that. It really is immense and I would recommend it whole heartedly to anyone. I'm definitely going to try and go back next year as it takes a break in 2012.

If there is any particular bit you have a question about feel free to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Great review...I'm almost definitely going to try and get over for next year!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

how many people did you get to see . . .doesnt seem you didnt see many people over the whole weekend ahaha . . .probly pointing at people in hats hehehe

nice one:D

Advertisement