Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Auto Dialer

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

These numbers will not work with Smart Telecom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have a few Galaxy panels on smart telecom and can confirm that they work fine on the 480 number

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tried again on Smart with a SigNet. Message failed to send every time.
    Cant see what could be different.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

Jnealon wrote: »
    The two sms server numbers that most installers use are 0818365135 17409900.
    These are both eircom sms server numbers, 17409900 is their receiving number and 0818365135 is their sending number (the number they will send you a text from to an sms capable handset). These are both programmed into alarm panels but only rhe 17409900 number is used by the digi for sending texts. If you ring the 0818 number from your landline you will get "this number is not in service" message.
    I have also tested the BT and T-mobile servers in the UK and can confirm that they will work with most panels and any phone provider.
    There are a few numbers but I have used 00447860980480 and it works fine.
    Cost isn't an issue as it will only sends a few texts

I have tried this number on a hkc text digi from an eircom line and like koolkid i'm having no joy with it either. You think this should work for this configuration? :confused: It would save me a lot of grief what with so many customers switching to ntl and magnet etc. and no longer being able to send texts.

NDJ4 wrote: »
    It would save me a lot of grief what with so many customers switching to ntl and magnet etc. and no longer being able to send texts.
    Agreed. ! I am facing this a lot now also.
    I think its more a case of UPC, Magnet etc coming up with a billing agreement with Eircom or the likes to use their messaging centre.
    At the moment the message centre rejects any number which is not Eircoms because it does not know where to apply the charge to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

koolkid wrote: »
    Agreed. ! I am facing this a lot now also.
    I think its more a case of UPC, Magnet etc coming up with a billing agreement with Eircom or the likes to use their messaging centre.
    At the moment the message centre rejects any number which is not Eircoms because it does not know where to apply the charge to.
    I didn't think of it that way but that makes sense. So it would be great if there was another provider that could offer this service even if they are in the uk. Now if only i could get it to work to the number jnealon gave above! When i ring this number i get modem tones unlike the eircom server which simply gives off a short beep tone. I guess the digi just doesn't understand this:confused:.

I tried all those numbers (in all formats) to try send a test text from a SigNet PSTN digi on a Smart line. No luck at all.

What happens when you ring that number from your phone.
    This number will work with the Galaxy but I must point out that the Galaxy has the option of changing SMS formats to Tap and the various UCP formats. The Signet does not allow you to edit this option from the menu but it does state in the manual that it will work with the BT SMS centre number, 17094009
    I have a list of all the UK servers and their formats and will root them out

What happens when you ring that number from your phone.
    I get an engaged tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

koolkid wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.
    Again you say Astec is not good, but still you give no examples.
    You say it is cheap? Astec equipment is generally dearer than conventional systems.
    You are wrong Eircom Have installed HKC systems when requested.
    Astec is only for electricians? Yet an awful lot of licened installer are using them???????
    The Astec System is not up to standard,? in your view , Sorry to disappoint you. You view is irrelevant. In the view of the certification bodies (NSAI etc) it is!
    Are you going to claim to be more informed than them also?
    Don't get me started on eircom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vwcaddy

feel free to comment. i only install for them,

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Hi all
    Got UPC installed and got rid of vf. At first my alarm(hkc) show up with no line error. So I plug my house phone line into the UPC router and the error light went out.
    Now the strange bit, so I set the alarm off and I could see the routers phone lights flashing and after about 15 min of trying both mine and my partner phone rings witch are both in the alarm setup. Before we went to UPC we got 3 texts each to say the alarm was going off and this was about one or two sec later and billed by vf.

So why is the alarm ringing our phones and not texting us also why is it 15 min later and will UPC charge us for the calls.

Any input would be great lads
    Thanks

You can not send texts from UPC line.
    Your best bet is to set up a voice dialler to call and play a recorded message

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have a few that send texts on UPC. It's all down to the equipment you use, not the telecom provider

Is this without paying for an independent message centre?
    If so please share the solution with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

KoolKid wrote: »

Thanks KoolKid
    So does this mean i will have to go back to the installer and ask him to set it up as i do not have the engineer code.
    Will i need any more equipment.

You could get a HKC voice dialer or a generic make that triggers from the bell output.

Advertisement