Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Boards XBL Night Tonight?

• 03-02-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

im thinking Gears of War, either 1 or 2, 8.00 P.M. Probably Horde.

If anyone is up for it, post here. consider this a trial run for a midweek Boards Night-in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ok this is cancelled, no interest. i know it was short notice but thought at least 1 or 2 would be interested. ill log on to LIVE soon just in case but im not very hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Dumbass, might have been an idea to run it by me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I would have been game but only saw this now.........
    what about some a gears night friday?
    And yes horde for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Slugs wrote: »

Hopefully the above is meant as a joke or something because the op tried to arrange something and Slugs you should know from experience how hard it is to arrange these nights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Offensive comment aside, why does another boardsie who wants to to run an XBL night have to run anything by you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only just spotted this now. I'd be up for some Gears 2 Horde alright, gave Gears1 away so can't do that one anymore.

With the Boards Night In gamertag anyone can hop on and check that tags friends listto see if any other boardies are online at any time and see if they are up for a game. I just needed a bit more notice as I don't always check in here all the time.

sounds good lads. I'll add you guys right now. I may not be on tonight but CableGuy IE (thats his exact GT by the way) was onto me and looks like he wants to break away from his MW2 addiction(with another shooter but hey its a start :)).

if you want to play tonight, see if im on and add Cableguy IE. sounds fair enough? Dont think people will abide by a strict time but lets say 8 or so.

you only need 2 friendly people with Mics to enhance your experience. i played GOW2 Horde with P1992 and The Batman IRL a few months ago and it was one of my favourite nights i ever had on LIVE and this coming from a lad who isnt crazy about shooters. Hell, i never played GOW2 before that night and not much since!

i dont see why I would, I only tried to drum up some interest again in a Boards XBL party. it was something i did on the fly, 2 to 4 lads is plenty really and anymore seems to confuse matters. Thought it would be a good idea to see how much interest is in a midweek boards get together as the fri/sat idea completely bombed.

If lads really are interested, the best night for me is wednesday at the moment as im usually working on my brothers house or something other days but im more than happy to let other people take the initative if needs be, especially if i can't make it or dont have the game lads wanna play.

I'd just like to state for the record that i am not the best at gow/gow2. But it only for a laugh. :D:D:D

I'd just like to state for the record that i am not the best at gow/gow2. But it only for a laugh. :D:D:D

AH sure who is ...... ?

• Advertisement

im not great either but because im not great, i tend to hold back and not go too gung-ho, make sure im more help than a nuisance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What kind of time are your guys expecting to be on tonight?

robinph wrote: »
    What kind of time are your guys expecting to be on tonight?

Around 8.00 or at the latest i will be on at 8.15.
    (if the gods of bt net connections allow)
    About 7.55 i will check this tread and anyone who is interested and isn't a friend of myself or corcaigh 09 will be sent a friends request and we will just take it from there.

sounds good, i may well be on, not sure yet. real life dicates and such....if you are on first CableGuy, you can start the party and let the others(if any) join. probably dont need invites, leave it open and ppl can join themselves quite easily.

4 of us on right now if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

i'll play for a while!

just finished up there lad. you might need a gold membership too bud!

that was a decent get together lads, could even consider it to be a success! Horde is a good laugh

well that was a comically bad effort at settin up my gamer tag and gettin it on boards!
    sounds good,i'll keep an eye out for the next one!

fcleere wrote: »
    well that was a comically bad effort at settin up my gamer tag and gettin it on boards!
    sounds good,i'll keep an eye out for the next one!

haha oh crap it was the wrong tag! at least its fixed now for when anyone wants to add you. Ill add you now for future nights.

• Advertisement

corn rows suited me though!
    sound job

Great games last night lads. Have to say that was the best night ive ever had on horde. For it to keep me intrested for over 3 hours was an achievment in its self. Getting to level 37 was also a personal best for me too.

Great laugh and some real tense moments too, will have to do it again some time soon....

I think by level 37 we were all too ugly to live :)

Great games last night lads. Have to say that was the best night ive ever had on horde. For it to keep me intrested for over 3 hours was an achievment in its self. Getting to level 37 was also a personal best for me too.

Great laugh and some real tense moments too, will have to do it again some time soon....

I think by level 37 we were all too ugly to live :)

'twas great fun alright but takes a while to get through the levels. You sure it wasn't level 77 on super evil hardcore difficulty that we got to. ;)

HMMMMM perhaps i was mistaken a 3 and a 7 are kinds simlar now that you mention it :)

Have to admit i didn't notice the time flying by either. Good laugh, especially the cyclops incident . Thanks to all who took part. And remember i was the last to die in the last level we played . I will admit it was only a second after everyone else.
    Next??????

i was last to die on the last level, i was in the safe area but because ye died, someone sneeked up behind me and fecked me up! i wasnt on long but yea, great stuff, enjoyed it, makes a big difference to have lads talking. very glad with the way it turned out.

GOW again next week or time to change to something else?

Id be happy to play GOW again but im working lates next week so I could only do friday next week.

Was good to have 4 lads talking and working together for a change made all the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sorry I missed this Corcaigh, I went out for dinner.

I am, however, stuck in tonight so if anyone wants to play some horde at around 9/10 let me know.

Gamertag: P1992

The hoarde definately works better when you've a group that actually works together, rather than the general running around, every man for himself that you'd get with a bunch of randomers on Live a lot of the time.

I may well be on again tonight for some more of the same as after last night I am in the mood for more mindless shooting of the bad guys.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    The hoarde definately works better when you've a group that actually works together, rather than the general running around, every man for himself that you'd get with a bunch of randomers on Live a lot of the time.

I may well be on again tonight for some more of the same as after last night I am in the mood for more mindless shooting of the bad guys.

ya defo, it works well when a bad guy is distracted by one fella, leaving the door open for another teammate to do the damage.

I wont be on tonight, no chance. sorry folks, midweek again next week suits me.

Advertisement