Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I determine part numbers for my car?

• 03-02-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking at buying a recon throttle body off ebay for a 1998 Corolla. However the vendor wants me to check my part numers against his. How do I do this?

I have physically looked at the throttle body in my car and there is a number on top of it but it's not like any number quoted. Is there a database where I can input the chassis number and lookup parts?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Magnus wrote: »

Magnus, that seems to be american and it doesn't take chassis numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry that was just a quick google.

Perhaps if you take a few snaps of the throttle body and mail him he can compare?

Magnus wrote: »
    Sorry that was just a quick google.

Perhaps if you take a few snaps of the throttle body and mail him he can compare?

I tried that also, he is still not too sure. I have emailed a few dealers with chassis number seeking a quote and asking if they might include part numbers. jayz there must be an easier way though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ADI34722

Try the haynes manual. There sold in europe and the states. Halfords have them in most stores and if not then Amason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CJhaughey wrote: »

I tried that earlier, the numbers that appear on toyodiy are completely different to the ebay vendors, and toyodiy breaks every igtem down into its assembly so its very confusing. i.e. for a throttle body, you are looking at a huge list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

gt112 wrote: »
    I tried that earlier, the numbers that appear on toyodiy are completely different to the ebay vendors

Likely not the same part or worse a spurious dressed-up-as-genuine part.
    What is the part number on Toyodiy? They are usually correct.
    Have you tried Mr T himself for the part?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Likely not the same part or worse a spurious dressed-up-as-genuine part.
    What is the part number on Toyodiy? They are usually correct.
    Have you tried Mr T himself for the part?

Yea, toyota dealer quoting me €1000 :eek::eek::eek:
    The part number on toyodiy is 22210 whereas the ebay vendor is talking about these numbers 1368001030 1985001071 2227011020 8945220130

The ebay vendor states part is reconditioned, they are in the UK and have all good feedback.

Advertisement