Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience

• 03-02-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm currently a second year mature student in denominated psychology in NUIG. I'm really interested in pursuing a career in clinical or forensic psychology. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as how to go about getting work experience in either of these areas as I'd like to get more of a feel for both and also I hear it helps when applying for the post graduate clinical program.

Thanks
    Aran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KateOHara

Hi Ive taken this year out to get experience within the forensic field.. its relatively hard as you cannot just walk into a prison...

What I did i moved to Dublin and worked for six months with ex female offenders in a transitional housing project

Ive been working in the visitors centre of mount joy and befriending in cloverhill but had to wait to get department of justice clearance which took ages....

At the moment im working as a research intern wit the IPRT and as a youth advocate with YAP

Im from limerick but there weren't as many opportunities so thats why i moved to dublin, I dont know about Galway?

hope this gives you some ideas

Advertisement