Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Bullet.

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Mine just broke. Any idea where you can get these now? Lost without it, but the place I bought it no longer sells it, and judging from web searches it might not even be made anymore.
    I am hoping I am wrong and someone can enlighten me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Funny you should ask, I just found one for a mate 2 days ago, not the "magic bullet", but looks identical.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinari-MB280-Genie-Multi-Attachment-Blender/dp/B000GG4MCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1265212046&sr=8-1

On checkout you can select free post to Ireland, rather than regular. Pretty decent price, ebay had them but shipping was crazy.

I love my one, though it broke too, I tried liquidising tough beef and the rubber connection things on the bottom all wore off, I was using it a hell of a lot though, would still recommend them.

You can buy spares on ebay, unless its the base unit that went, probably cheaper to get a full new one in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You could try Dunnes Stores. My local one has them in stock at the moment.
    I was actually thinking of buying one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

JML stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

rubadub wrote: »
    Funny you should ask, I just found one for a mate 2 days ago, not the "magic bullet", but looks identical.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinari-MB280-Genie-Multi-Attachment-Blender/dp/B000GG4MCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1265212046&sr=8-1

On checkout you can select free post to Ireland, rather than regular. Pretty decent price, ebay had them but shipping was crazy.

I love my one, though it broke too, I tried liquidising tough beef and the rubber connection things on the bottom all wore off, I was using it a hell of a lot though, would still recommend them.

You can buy spares on ebay, unless its the base unit that went, probably cheaper to get a full new one in that case.

Good find, I wonder if the bits from the MB will fit that.
    The only problem with mine is that the rubber seal on the blender bit wore off, now it doesnt hold liquids. I was actually going to go to B&Q and buy a sealant tube to fix it, but they are so cheap its probably worth just getting a new one.

Miaireland wrote: »
    You could try Dunnes Stores. My local one has them in stock at the moment.
    I was actually thinking of buying one.

They are brilliant if you mix shakes or drinks. I also make nut bread a lot, and need it to blend up the almonds.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    the rubber seal on the blender bit wore off, now it doesnt hold liquids. I was actually going to go to B&Q and buy a sealant tube to fix it, but they are so cheap its probably worth just getting a new one.
    Ah thats nothing, my gaskets/seals broke the first week, I then just screwed it on extra tight, a little comes out now & then, I mostly used it for protein shakes with ice & milk so its a bit thicker and less likely to leak. I expect a new one's seals will just go again. I work as an engineer and have to specify & test gasket softness (shore ratings), I can tell you those gaskets are very weak. You can buy spare seals cheap on ebay but I would advise against it. I would go get yourself the sealant. I would dry the unit well and put masking tape down to stop it going everywhere. My problem was overtightening, it would only need a tiny lick of silicone in the groove to seal it properly.
    Jumpy wrote: »
    They are brilliant if you mix shakes or drinks.
    Yes, there is no wastage at all, like if you put a small amount of stuff in a food processor half ends up stuck to the walls inside, with this you can microwave in the container you blend in, or drink direct from it. And it just rinses under the tap or goes in the dishwasher easily.

12 seals here $13.50 including delivery
    http://cgi.ebay.com/12-NEW-Gaskets-Seals-For-Magic-Bullet-Chop-Flat-Blade_W0QQitemZ200435694187QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item2eaae5fa6b

4 for $7
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4-NEW-Gaskets-Seals-For-Magic-Bullet-Chop-Flat-Blade_W0QQitemZ190369936098QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item2c52eeb2e2

rubadub wrote: »
    Ah thats nothing, my gaskets/seals broke the first week, I then just screwed it on extra tight, a little comes out now & then, I mostly used it for protein shakes with ice & milk so its a bit thicker and less likely to leak. I expect a new one's seals will just go again. I work as an engineer and have to specify & test gasket softness (shore ratings), I can tell you those gaskets are very weak. You can buy spare seals cheap on ebay but I would advise against it. I would go get yourself the sealant. I would dry the unit well and put masking tape down to stop it going everywhere. My problem was overtightening, it would only need a tiny lick of silicone in the groove to seal it properly.

Yes, there is no wastage at all, like if you put a small amount of stuff in a food processor half ends up stuck to the walls inside, with this you can microwave in the container you blend in, or drink direct from it. And it just rinses under the tap or goes in the dishwasher easily.

12 seals here $13.50 including delivery
    http://cgi.ebay.com/12-NEW-Gaskets-Seals-For-Magic-Bullet-Chop-Flat-Blade_W0QQitemZ200435694187QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item2eaae5fa6b

4 for $7
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4-NEW-Gaskets-Seals-For-Magic-Bullet-Chop-Flat-Blade_W0QQitemZ190369936098QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item2c52eeb2e2

Hehe, thanks man, its a pity you can only thank once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Amazon won't ship electronic items to Ireland unfortunately, I'm looking for a bullet too.

Amazon won't ship electronic items to Ireland unfortunately.
    I just tried to order it again and got up to the CC stage, after my address was confirmed, dunno if it would fail after that though. I thought they have shipped electronics to here for a good while now. I remember when I was looking for a PS3 people were recommending them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

I got my PS3 off them no problem and a kitchen blender too, far cheaper than here on electrical goods.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1006/breaking25.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Amazon do ship electrical goods to Ireland:
    Baby, Beauty, Clothing, DIY & Tools, Electronics, Health (excluding medicine), Home & Garden, Jewellery, Kitchen, Office Products, Shoes, Sports and Watches items

* United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales), Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland (Republic of), Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

I tried at christmas and was refused, but I will try again and see. I think Amazon have the cheapest price for the bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

does anyone know of stores where I can buy a replacement for the main jug. mine is chipped

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Be careful if you're buying one from eBay... I bought my first from ebay and didn't cop it was set for American voltage.... 30seconds of high speed blending caused a lot of smoke and burning rubber!

Picked up the version of the magic bullet they had in Dunnes - it was a poor imitation when unpacked and returned it without using it.

Then Superquinn had the actual magic bullet so got someone to pick me up one there, think it was around €25 too, great price (had minimum attachements but still had all of those from the burned out one). Used it daily now for over a year and no problems yet!

estreetb wrote: »
    does anyone know of stores where I can buy a replacement for the main jug. mine is chipped

thanks

What part of the country are you in? I never used the jug/juicer part of the magic bullet so could sell it to you for a good price! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I tried at christmas and was refused, but I will try again and see. I think Amazon have the cheapest price for the bullet.

...they usen't do but do now...however, some sellers on Amazon.co.uk don't, so if not buying direct from Amazon.co.uk (sometimes it's not that clear when you hit 'add to basket), you might be subject to the 'sellers' shipping policies...that might be what you experienced...

Cicero wrote: »
    ...they usen't do but do now...however, some sellers on Amazon.co.uk don't, so if not buying direct from Amazon.co.uk (sometimes it's not that clear when you hit 'add to basket), you might be subject to the 'sellers' shipping policies...that might be what you experienced...

I meant to come back and say I tried again but it didn't work, i thought this might be the case thanks for confirming. I'll have another look now then and see if I can get it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sig53

foto joe wrote: »
    Be careful if you're buying one from eBay... I bought my first from ebay and didn't cop it was set for American voltage.... 30seconds of high speed blending caused a lot of smoke and burning rubber!

Picked up the version of the magic bullet they had in Dunnes - it was a poor imitation when unpacked and returned it without using it.

Then Superquinn had the actual magic bullet so got someone to pick me up one there, think it was around €25 too, great price (had minimum attachements but still had all of those from the burned out one). Used it daily now for over a year and no problems yet!

What part of the country are you in? I never used the jug/juicer part of the magic bullet so could sell it to you for a good price! ;)

Hi, I know this is an old post, but do you still have the jug from the magic bullet that you could sell to me? I foolishly poured boiling water into mine and it cracked in a thousand places. Only bought it in June 2011 and used it only once.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Just wondering does anyone know where you can get one of these?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's a JML product so you can buy it online: http://www.jmldirect.com/eu/blenders+juicers/magic-bullet/invt/m01mb20100000001/

As far as I know, some of the shops who stock JML products sell it too, eg. Dunnes Stores, Woodies etc.
    If you have a problem finding one feel free to start a new thread.

This is a very old thread so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement