Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone, changing networks and remaining credit

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all

I have just changed from Vodafone to 02. My first time moving I was with vodafone for over 10 years as a prepay customer.

Anyone know how I go about getting my remaining call credit back from them????

Thanks a mill
    Sharon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

You don't get any credit back when you change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you had any unused credit, it will be forfeit now. You could write to them, and ask for them to refund your money, but I'm not aware of any law or anything else that would force them to comply with your request.

Basically, you should have used it before switching, as it's gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sharon_H

That is disgraceful .... they are stealing money from people then ... the least they could do is enable an option to transfer remaining credit to charity or something ....

i am going to call them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Look at it this way, credit = vodafone product, you bought their product but if you have chosen not to use it this does not mean you are entitled to a refund.

Ok on the phone to Vodaphone now ....

This is just funny ... and as exact as I can make it ... typing as talking to Una from Vodaphone on the phone ....

Me: "Hi I just transferred to 02 so I could get an I phone and I would like to transfer the remainder of my call credit to my husbands Vodaphone account"

Vodaphone: "Sorry your credit is gone"

Me: "What do you mean gone? Where has it gone?"

Vodaphone : "Um Ah Can I just put you on hold?"

Me: "Yes Sure"

One minute later

Vodaphone : "Yes sorry its gone"

Me: "Where has it gone"

Vodaphone: "Its just gone"

Me : "It must be somewhere, Can you also check please, why when I tried to send the credit via the IOU Buddy service to my husbands phone that the credit was not transferred"

Vodaphone : "Were you still on the vodaphone network when you did this?

Me: "Yes"
    (I know I was still on the vodaphone network as when I checked the credit after trying to send it to hubby it still said the balance was 14.60 was in my account)

Vodaphone "Can I just put you on hold"

Still on hold la la la la la

Will post again in a few mins ...

Ok so Terms and Conditions 12.5.3 for PrePay Customers
    "you will lose all call credit in your account immediately on the Port being completed;"

The porting of my number was not complete as I was able to access my balance of call credit and make calls using this credit at this time.

I do realise this is a very close call and there are minutes in it but its just the principal of the whole thing

I am on hold again ...... Is this worth my time? No
    But like a dog with a bone now :)

Whats the bets on the outcome .... not in my favour I suppose ... but If they transfer the 14:60 to my hubbys phone I am going to donate it to the Haiti fund.

• Advertisement

Whooooooohooooo they did it .... thanks Vodafone ....

Better make the donation to Haiti now!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sharon_H wrote: »
    That is disgraceful .... they are stealing money from people then ... the least they could do is enable an option to transfer remaining credit to charity or something ....

i am going to call them

They aren't stealing,
    A person switches network with their own free will, they make their own decision to move network when they have credit on their account.

If you don't want to loose credit then use it all before hand or just don't top-up before hand.

The documentation that covers number porting clearly explains that when you port you loose the credit, if you didn't read it and instead assumed you'd get it refunded then its your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Out of interest Sharon H, how are you finding O2 coverage (3G) and network speed in comparison with Vodafone since switching??

Well I only transferred to get an Iphone .... which is super.

I have only used it in the house so far and for only a few hours, but I live in the middle of no where and there are really high trees on most of the hill and I can get coverage here.

I will have a better idea during the week and will post an update ...

Internet is very fast on the phone and mail downloads etc. I am impressed so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

Did you know the O2 exclusivity deal with Apple has ended and Vodafone will be selling the iPhone soon?

• Advertisement

Yes before I switched I went through the ordeal of trying to get one from Vodafone ... in the end basically I was told "Maybe March" for an iphone from vodafone and no one knew anything about packages or prices. I won't go into the details of that long phone call.

I went for a iphone 3Gs 32Gb for 99 euro from O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

That's a great price. What tarriff are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

on O2 Advance 350 for 60 Euro per month incl free phone calls to all land lines, 350 mins and 150 texts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Vodafone does have the advantage that you can transfer credit to other prepaid Vodafone users, if you have the presence of mind to do it before you port the number.

Advertisement