Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bertie the champion of the world

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SLIPPERY FROG

is it bertie the man or bertie the politician
    we all know in hindsight what he was like,
    but when times were good we voted him and his buddies in.
    and the party rolled, but no one noticed bertie leave by the back door before the cops busted the party and we were all in the s%%%.

so where does that leave us, bitter and in debt.

and bertie? he wants to start another party in the phoenix park.

what does he need, suckers like us to gethim there,
    what will he do?
    History repeats itself,
    we need to look at ourselves,
    suckers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

we need to look at ourselves,
    suckers!!

Happily, I never voted for him or his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Colm R wrote: »
    I don't respect the man. He was in charge when the Celtic Tiger stopped roaring in 2001/2. For the following 6 years, he created a psedo-tiger based on complete consumerism. The fundamentals were not sound in 2007, they had not been for 5 years but he chose to ignore, and direct his cabinet to ignore this issues.

I also don't respect him as he continually blames the collapse of Lehmans for the crisis we are in now. Lehmans did not help matters, but it was not responsible for our education, infrastructure and health problems.

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone creates problems. Everyone can makes the problems worse by trying to cover over them. And everyone gains a bit of respect when they stand up and say they have done wrong. Even when a murderer admits guilt, you don't respect the crime or the mans actions. But you respect the man for standing up and admitting responsibilty and going to pay his debt to society.

i most certainly do not

Advertisement