Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeast-free pancakes

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Other half is on a yeast-free diet. Was searching online for a recipe for yeast-free pancakes for pancake Tuesday and only found two - one uses cup measurements and buckwheat and flour made from blitzing almonds. The other uses potato flour, rice flour, xantham gum and gluten-free baking powder. Surely there must be an easier way? Is there yeast-free flour out there and which would be best for pancakes?

Doesn't have to be GF or dairy free, just yeast and hassle free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

:confused: I have never seen yeast in any pancake recipe! (think only in crumpets)

Usually just flour, egg, milk, maybe sugar & some oil or water too.

Self raising flour does not have yeast in it, in case thats what you were thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Panie Janie

OK. So i can just use ordinary flour? That'll help.
    I take it the rice flour and other flours were for other intolerances then?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OK. So i can just use ordinary flour?
    Yes, just regular plain flour, I actually make mine with porridge oats for breakfast.
    I take it the rice flour and other flours were for other intolerances then?
    Probably, I expect if you entered "yeast free pancakes" you might get sites which focus on GF and other specific "free" recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Pancakes or crepes? If your trying to make something like a pikelet, crumpet or english muffin (which have yeast) try a recipe for scotch drop pancakes where the raising agent is usually in the self raising flour. Or try a souffle pancake where a crepe batter has whisked egg whites folded through it to give it air - these tend to spread out in the pan - so a small pan for a small pancake. Try Ramsay's recipe here.

Advertisement