Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico -- New I.P. Address

• 03-02-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Zyxel P-660HW router.

I have a restriction on a particular website against the I.P. address i am using.

How do i change the i.p. address which i am using?

Will the ipconfig commands below work?

'ipconfig /release'

'ipconfig /renew'

Or should i just switch the router off and back on again?

Any help would be much appreciated :)...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Well the easiest thing is to shutdown and restart the router, as this defines your entry point to the internet. It will either fix the problem or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Leave the router off for a while, not sure how long. Overnight would be fine but if you'll be away for the weekend or something, leave it for that.

By the same token, one minute could be enough. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Maybe avoid doing whatever the site didn't want you to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

it's a Paypal error message blocking a Paddy Power deposit from available funds......

it's a restriction that makes no sense.....

have changed the ip address but the problem remains....

seems like it's a Perlico issue....

have been told by Paypal...

".. not all networks support this type of transaction..."

has anyone heard of a restriction like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

I think they mean your bank is blocking it or paypal themselves.

Paypal support arent really very knowledgable about their own system from years of experience as a seller with them, they have told me things before that I know were completely false.

Paypal is a encrypted website, if you can reach them at all then theres is no way perlico has any control over what you can do there.

• Advertisement

If Paypal are just blocking it then how is it then that i can complete the transaction on certain pc's which are on a different network....?

If Paypal blocked it then it would not work anywhere at anytime...

Their explanation is as follows.....

"...not all networks support this type of transaction and if you try using different PCs you may encounter some technical difficulties that will prevent you from completing the transfer..."

this means that if i am going through a different ISP i can complete it successfully...

it's complete nonsense........

Can you take a screenshot of that error?

The thought of an ISP having anything to do with "what kind of transaction" you can do with another website is just silly, its nothing to do with the isp at all.

Now maybe perlico told paypal not to allow gambling transactions (unlikley) but it would be still paypal thats blocking it.

Paypal also blocks things because your using a IP thats suspicous or not your usual ip.

If you get an error message on paypal.com then obviously it came from paypal, the transaction is encrypted, no way the isp or any one else knows what your doing on paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Try using a proxy service which will bypass the perlico isp address.

cheers eric

see error message attached...

the crazy thing is if i use my work pc then the transaction completes successfully......

cheers jimmy.....

i tried that but i think i got it wrong as the ip address i ended up with was a French ip address and Paypal detected this abd they restricted my account for a few days....

there's nothing underhand here

all i am trying to do is deposit money from available Paypal funds into a Paddy Power account...

it's nonsense

• Advertisement

Ok that makes sense.
    Its paypal blocking it, but im unsure if they just cant tell perlico is in ireland or they cant tell your work is in ireland.

You don't happen to know the IP you use in work do you? and are you using the same paypal account in both places?

You can try using a proxy but probably its just easier if you just wait and do it in work.

I can give you a proxy with irish IP in a PM if you want it.

Thanks Eric

it is the same paddy power account and the same paypal account in both places...

it is like it is restricting the number of transactions coming for an individual ip address

not sure what the logic behind that is.....

how do i apply a proxy with an irish ip address???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

well Perlico supply Irish IP addresses so unless paypal or paddypower don't like Irish IP's it should be fine.

I'd say Paypal or Paddy power perhaps have it flagged incorrectly as a non-Irish IP addy

Cheers Cabaal

That would suggest the problem DOES relate to the Perlico assigned I.P. address....

Yes??? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cheers Cabaal

That would suggest the problem DOES relate to the Perlico assigned I.P. address....

Yes??? :)

Yes and no,
    Perlico are supplying you with an IP address for Ireland, your in Ireland so thats what you are correctly assigned.

If Paddypower or Paypal have this incorrectly flagged as a non Irish IP then its not Perlico's fault, its one of the other two companys.

It does sometimes work though...

Is that consistent with a restriction on the number of successful deposits in a specified period of time...???

e.g.
    HOME PC (perlico assigned I.P.)
    I was unable to deposit 5 days ago and had been unable to deposit for a number of weeks prior to that.....

I made a deposit successfully 4 days ago....

I was unable to deposit again since then....

This will now continue for another couple of weeks where i won't be able to deposit at all...

WORK PC(non-perlico assigned i.p.)
    I can deposit successfully anytime

Maybe someone is trying to tell me something and i should stop gambling...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Apologies for the abrupt response earlier, I misunderstood what you were looking for :)

It might be a tad laborious, but your best bet might be to make a little log for yourself. Each time you attempt a transaction, make a note of: 1) the date/time, 2) your current ip address - if you go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ it will show you what your current ip address is at the top of the page - 3) whether the transaction worked or not.

Once you've got a couple of examples of it working and not working, email on your log to perlico, paypal and maybe paddypower and ask them to sort their stuff out :)

cheers....:)

will give it a go.....

Advertisement