Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do ya think some people have a problem with non drinkers?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey so just thinkin about when I gave up drink for a few months and I really got a lot of hassle about it from some people like People that don't drink can't be trusted, why aren't you drinking? Go on have one drink? How long are you going to keep this up? and just general funny looks etc I was baffled! couldn't believe I got so much hassle over it and it was hard not to get p***ed off with people and ruin my night. I'm not a big drinker I drink occassionally now but at the time I just wanted to clear my head and cut down. Anyway anyone else ever experienced this? It's strange...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

Yeah. When I stopped drinking I lost all my 'friends' overnight. I think they thought I'd joined some sect or something... Anyway, I made loads of new friends whose lives don't revolve around pubs and getting smashed all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

You will have the last laugh when you see how stupid they behave as more alcohol goes in to their system. Then you can drive home without any worries.
    I dont drink, i dont need to drink to enjoy myself, but the cost of soft drinks would drive anyone to drink alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

You will have the last laugh when you see how stupid they behave as more alcohol goes in to their system. Then you can drive home without any worries.
    I dont drink, i dont need to drink to enjoy myself, but the cost of soft drinks would drive anyone to drink alcohol.

ha yeah! it's not really much of an incentive really is it?better to reduce the prices instead of spending money on all those ad campaigns and prime time episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patchmck

It because people start behaving foolishly and saying stupid things when they've had a few and nobody really noticed because they're all doing much the same. Enter the judgemental non-drinker, judging people and ****.

And going home early too, a sober night is a passport to an early bedtime, or is it just my pioneer mates that start yawning at half eleven because they might just die if they didn't get 8 hours sleep??

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

patchmck wrote: »
    It because people start behaving foolishly and saying stupid things when they've had a few and nobody really noticed because they're all doing much the same. Enter the judgemental non-drinker, judging people and ****.

And going home early too, a sober night is a passport to an early bedtime, or is it just my pioneer mates that start yawning at half eleven because they might just die if they didn't get 8 hours sleep??

Hey I'm not judging anyone. I said that I felt people were judging me. Maybe drinkers and non drinkers just judge each other in general tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

I dont judge anyone either.
    Everyone to their own thing, as long as it does not affect me.
    I dont get headaches from hangovers, thats the plus side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

patchmck wrote: »
    Enter the judgemental non-drinker, judging people and ****.
    I never judge anyone

I've no problem with bein around people who drink, so dont give me crap about bein sober

The most ironic thing for me is that I dont drink, but would like to go to town every weekend

So everyone calls me a borin loser for not drinkin, but then I'm a party-animal, in a bad way, for wantin to head out ONCE every weekend
    Saps

I really wish the Cafés in Paris would catch on over here

Regarding the tired thing: this is because a lot of the time drinkers can be boring fxckers. They just dont believe it cos they're drinking "I'm sippin on my drink, I cant possibly be anything less than a ridiculous amount of fun!"

Advertisement