Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Idea Help.

Options
  • 03-02-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hey everyone.
    hoping somebody can help me here.
    Im 18, in the middle of leaving cert year and am hoping of getting a tattoo soon.
    Because of the year thats in it, doing the LC, going to uni and so on, all the talk this year is how we will do when were older, how we need to go to college, how we have to do well in the leaving cert etc.
    but in my mind that only thing is I simply hope I'm happy when I'm older.
    So with this in mind, i was wondering if anybody could drop down some foundations for an idea.
    Also, I was thinking if some thing kind of cartoony or if any1 knows the cover of the movie "rock n rolla" in that sort of design.
    any constructive posts will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance guys!
    D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ok, here's where you really need to know what you're going to get on you. Having a "fair idea" personally wouldn't cut it. I mean it's a piece of art that's going to be on your skin for the rest of your life!

I'd say scour the internets searching sites like deviantart. There are some very good designs going on there. Search for "cell shading" I think that's the type of design you're after. (Cartoon-ey)

Google image search and flickr are decent enough when researching.

Just bear in mind that it will take a while before a design hits you and then you'll have to decide how you want it done. Like the fact I've been toying around with the Tyrant out of Resident Evil 1 for a while now. Loadsa factors apply when going for it. Placement, Size, colour, black and white, the artist.

Best of luck if you are going to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I'm going to make sure i love it 100% before i even go near a shop.
    Idea behind it is basically "heres to a happy life" or "everything is gonna be alright".
    Again, all comments and ideas welcome. cheers.
    D.

Advertisement