Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to take this dress from day to night?

• 03-02-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to a christening in 2 wks, I have purchased this dress and would like to dress it down for the church and house bit and then dress it up for the party after!!

I shall be wearing black tights with it (day & night!) so looking for suggestions re cardigan/jacket/belt/jewellery/bag/shoes etc.

Whatever I need I will have to carry it comfortably for the day

Pics would be great and fun to look at!

Cheers
    F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

:O

I've been looking at that dress for months! I LOVE IT!!! :D

You could wear a cardi with it during the day, as its backless... :D

or flats for church and heels for after party?

Then perhaps go for some jewellrey... necklace and bangles, or a BIG ring...

TBH its a very dressy dress let it do the talking for the after party! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Ha thanks! U should totally purchase, its on sale I got it for €22.

However mine is not backless??? Might be a couple of versions of it..

I'm thinking a leather jacket and shoe boots for night time, maybe a lil cardi for church?

Smokey eyes for night time, big quiff..

Should I go for black shoes n bag? Or maybe pick up on the colours in dress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Fab dress OP. Id stick with a black cardi or bolero type for the day with flats. Then what a about a plain wide black belt with black bag for night. I like the idea of the quiff, leather jacket,shoe boots and smokey eyes for the nightime also.

Id keep accessories simple and monochrome as the dress is "busy" enough colourwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Thanks annie, yea mite add a thick sash belt for the party, will change the look.

Maybe i could take off the tights at evening too!?

I dont wanna look like a spa tho lol like what would u think if some girl vamped up her outfit for a christening party?
    Like I know its what I asked for and you can get good tips in magazines for this sorta thing but has any1 actually done it and got no funny looks???

I'll only know maybe 8 people outa 50 there, will be a v young crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

If its a young crowd it'll be grand, never done it myself, but I recall the last christening I was at my outfit was a complete disaster due to my complete lack of foreplanning!

Best be prepared!

Love the leather jacket, shoe-boots, vampy makeup and hair (:D LOVE IT!)!

Personally I'd stick with a black cardi and flats at the church, and again personally I hate baring my legs, so I'd keep the black tights on! But if the weathers nice it might be perfect to go bear legged!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'd say leave the tights on, as my first piece of advice. I dunno, I think if you suddenly appeared bare-legged, after having tights on, it'd seem a bit, "OK, look at me!" type thing. Maybe!

I've never actually been to a christening where there was a party afterwards that required a change of attire, or a vamping up of an outfit so it's hard for me to know exactly.

I think maybe just wear little heels for the church part and then swap to shoe boots later on. Change your hair and do your smoky eye. I, personally, wouldn't put a big, thick belt on that dress. I think it has enough going on and from what I've seen, little, skinny belts are more on trend atm.

Advertisement