Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best wireless modem available?

• 03-02-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

If I was to replace my Eircom/Netopia modem with something state-of-the-art, what should I be considering?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

What do you want to use it for? You might not need state of the art for your purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I'm streaming radio to a Naim Uniti and I want to give it all the help I can.

Yes, the Netopia has proved fine for what I normally do - email, browsing, software updates etc...etc...

But, I'm just curious to know if I can maximize the 3Mb service I've got rather than paying for a faster one.

Thanks.

D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The problem with wireless is that it is unpredictable. No one can say in advance how any piece of equipment will perform in any particular location. If the netopia has performed well for you up to now it would suggest that your location should be pretty ok and does not have any special problems.

Does the netopia perform ok with the Naim at the moment?

You can often get good user reviews on broadbandbuyer.co.uk and there is plenty of equipment listed there to salivate over:)

Advertisement